« Forums | Gear News »
   New Post
   Search

Circuitmess JAY-D Loop Performance

YouTuber AA Battery plays around with the JAY-D, a DIY lo-fi DJ mixer. This is part of the Circuitmess subscription box service; which offers STEM Boxes to teach Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.

Video Description:

JAY-D is part of a subscription box program from Circuit Mess. As part of the STEM philosophy, it aims to teach kids electronics, soldering, programming, design. This particular item is marketed as a DJ Mixing Console but what it really is is a dual audio player (plays only lofi aac files from a micro SD). Each channel has 3 freely assignable effects, fader, play/pause and a crossfader. You can scrub a sound and change the LED lightshow patterns. Selecting a different sound file stops everything and you cannot cue/prelisten the sounds. The currently available effects are: playback speed, echo, bitcrusher, highpass filter, lowpass filter. I say currently available because one of the cool things is that it is programmable in the near future. So I guess you can define your own effects or fine tune the existing ones, (I hope for quantized pitch manipulation).

The way I use it here is I have a drumloop and a chord sound that I manipulate the playback speed of so the pitch changes like with the tape decks. It is however a bit laggy and not quantized to full notes at the moment.

I'll post another video when the programming function is available.

May 27, 2021  | person_outline Tim Webb
comment

Post a New Comment

You are not currently logged in. Would you like to login or register?
Enter your information below to add a new comment anonymously.

I'm not a racist, but...
Usernames need to be at least 2 characters!
I'm not a racist, but...
Please don't use weird characters in usernames!
{[ Ctrl.useravailable[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
{[ Ctrl.useravailabletext[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
Wow, that's a short email address!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft