« Forums | Gear News »
   New Post
   Search

Meet the Peavey Aureus Digital Mixer

Peavey Electronics have announced the Aureus Digital Mixer. This $1500 mixer features 28 inputs and 14 outputs, with a 10" multi-touch screen. In the reveal trailer it is shown with an iPad that is acting as a second screen, exposing different control options.

I'm having difficulty finding a release date for this one, because there's a bacterium with the same name.

Video Description:

Introducing the Peavey Aureus™ digital mixing console. The foundation of the Aureus™ digital mixer is professional quality audio in an easy to use package. The 10” multi-touch display allows users to access almost any control with just a couple of taps. Fifty-nine dedicated controls allow access to most critical functions with a single touch, making the Aureus the easiest to use digital mixer to date. No fumbling through endless menus — just touch the feature you want to access and adjust.

October 12, 2020  | person_outline Tim Webb
Heh @ the bacterial namesharing...

I’m old enough to remember when Peavey = suck, but at least as far as guitar amps they’ve managed to redeem themselves somewhat. When you see more Behringer than Roland you know things aren’t what they used to be anyway.

Would be worried about future iPad compatibility though, both form and firmware.
October 12, 2020  | person_outline SFasquatch
"Aureus" is not a bacterium's name (it's only a standard latin part of names which are related to gold), but a well-known roman gold coin. "Staphylococcus aureus" is a bacterium mostly identified in hospitals and urging strong diseases and many deaths. Stay safe and healthy!
October 12, 2020  | person vaikl
On October 12, 2020 - @vaikl said:
"Aureus" is not a bacterium's name (it's only a standard latin part of names which are related to gold), but a well-known roman gold coin. "Staphylococcus aureus" is a bacterium mostly identified in hospitals and urging strong diseases and many deaths. Stay safe and healthy!
Yeah... I get that, but it felt pedantic to mention it in the blurb. I used the proper Latin singular form of the more popular "bacteria" in an effort to appease Latin fans!
Peavey have dipped their toes into hi tech on a couple of occasions... they had a range of synths and samplers (DPM ... I liked them ) , some multi effects racks ( SDR 2020 ... I still have that ) , then developed some kind of networked media hub system... but their corporate heart is never really committed to it and they bail quickly when they don’t sell a ton.And they won’t sell a ton unless they demonstrate an ability to support and develop product.

Who knows maybe this will be the one... wouldn’t have to be much better to beat the current crop of cheap digital mixers that rely on iPads, WiFi and Bluetooth. Gawd...
October 13, 2020  | person lee faulkner
comment

Post a New Comment

You are not currently logged in. Would you like to login or register?
Enter your information below to add a new comment anonymously.

I'm not a racist, but...
Usernames need to be at least 2 characters!
I'm not a racist, but...
Please don't use weird characters in usernames!
{[ Ctrl.useravailable[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
{[ Ctrl.useravailabletext[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
Wow, that's a short email address!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft