« Forums | Gear News »
   New Post
   Search

Ultra Choice: AUM & OP-Z Sequencing Tutorial + Composition

YouTuber Ultra Choice has been doing some excellent OP-Z videos. His latest is an in depth tutorial on using the OP-Z as an 8-track sequencer for iPad apps. This starts off hand-held while he's covering all of the connections, but he switches to a tripod when the tutorial begins at 7:00. He's also taken my advice and presents this tutorial with direct audio so you can hear just how gorgeous it all sounds!

Video Description:

This is an in depth tutorial for using the Teenage Engineering OP-Z as an 8 track Bluetooth MIDI sequencer for AUM on iPad. I am using the OP-Z, along with the Korg nanoKontrol 2, Arturia Keystep, and Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6. You can do most of what I do with just the iPad and the OP-Z if you need a more portable setup and are okay with controlling faders in AUM using touch / inputting MIDI via the Z’s button keys. I do this all the time and it is awesome.

This video goes over configuring Audio Unit V3s and inter-app audio apps in AUM to be controlled by the OP-Z over Bluetooth MIDI. I also cover connecting the Korg nanoKontrol 2 to AUM to control faders and a low-pass filter. The Keystep is providing MIDI into the Z, and is powered by the Z’s internal battery. This will shorten the battery life when doing this.

August 12, 2019  | person_outline Tim Webb
comment

Post a New Comment

You are not currently logged in. Would you like to login or register?
Enter your information below to add a new comment anonymously.

I'm not a racist, but...
Usernames need to be at least 2 characters!
I'm not a racist, but...
Please don't use weird characters in usernames!
{[ Ctrl.useravailable[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
{[ Ctrl.useravailabletext[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
Wow, that's a short email address!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft