« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

Phosphor 3 by Audio Damage, Inc.

Audio Damage, Inc. released Phosphor 3! This new app builds on the original additive synth with added MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), support for TUN tuning scales imports, even more modulation, a new preset manager, and a new UI for the AUv3 plugin that will reactively resize. Phosphor 3 also arrives on all desktop OSes for $60. On iOS we get it at an introductory price of $4, but three readers here will get it for free!

Contest: Comment on this post for a chance to win! Winners will be selected randomly on Thursday morning!

Contest closed! Congratulations to daveknapik, Zymmy, and vasre!

Phosphor 3

Phosphor 3 is the latest version of our Phosphor series of vintage digital synthesizers.

Phosphor is a clone of the alphaSyntauri, one of the first relatively inexpensive digital synthesizers, that ran on the Apple II. Phosphor is a faithful recreation of the alphaSyntauri's additive synthesis engine, and can accurately recreate the sound of this classic and groundbreaking synth.

The Phosphor 3 update brings MPE, tuning tables, extensive modulation, a new preset manager, and an all-new reactive UI to the plugin.

Featuring two additive oscillators (with the original 16 partial complement of the alphaSyntauri, or optionally with 32 or 64 partials), each with its own amp envelope, Phosphor's topology closely follows the alphaSyntauri, while adding many modern features such as full velocity control, a much more extensive modulation routing system, tempo synced LFOs, a pair of delays, and two monophonic modes. The noise and oscillators are able to work in the original alphaSyntauri "low-resolution" modes, or can be run in modern high-resolutions. Phosphor can accurately model the original sounds of the alphaSyntauri, yet still provide new paths for sonic exploration.

Features

• Two complete oscillator/envelope sections modeled on the original topology of the alphaSyntauri.

• Each set of partials can run in "lo-fi" mode, emulating the gritty digital voicing of original, or in a modern mode for alias-free sines.

• The noise can be either "lo-fi" digital shift-register noise per the original, or modern white noise.

• Two complete delay sections with LP/HP filtering and cross-feedback.

• Two tempo-syncable LFOs with multiple modulation destinations.

• A large complement of presets included that show off the extensive sound generating capabilities of Phosphor, including some famous alphaSyntauri presets directly ported from the original.

• TUN file loading for alternate tuning and scales.

• MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) capability for MPE controllers like the Roli Seaboard, Linnstrument, and Sensel Morph.
May 20, 2020  | person_outline Tim Webb
I'm in for this synth. Thank you
May 20, 2020  | person Freddy
Always happy with audio damage stuff.
If I don’t win I’ll buy it 😀
May 20, 2020  | person Re5etuk
I love that it has MPE. I'll probably buy it just for that, but here's hoping the random selection plays out in my favor.
May 20, 2020  | person PFAUX
All their apps are very nice!
Would love to get this .thnxs
May 20, 2020  | stars vasre
Love their apps!
Rarely return anything I buy, but I did that with Phospor 2. But ready to give this one a spin.
I used to have this on an Apple II!
Please include me in the drawing for Phosphor 3. Thanks!
i wouldn't mind winning a copy!
I'd certainly like to win. Thanks!
May 20, 2020  | person WilliamC
Count me in ! Cheers
More on this in the forum, but would love to see an additive synth that does a proper subharmonic series.
I love everything from Audio Damage, very inspiring effects and instruments.
Both Audio Damage and Klevgrand have done wonders for me with their apps, heheh. Let’s give it a try!
Pease enter me in the random draw.
Please enter me in the draw if it’s not too late, thanks!
You gotta say yes to another excess ;)
Another comp? Yay!
May 20, 2020  | person Charlie
Win it or buy it!
May 20, 2020  | person bencruz
I’d love a copy
May 20, 2020  | person Roboyd
I'll try for the freebie, but yeah, $4 is almost instabuy for AD
May 20, 2020  | person jimhanks
Already bought. Haven’t been able to make it work properly with MPE input.
Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!
Count me in Tim!
May 20, 2020  | person Bob
Take him to Detroit!
Nice! I like Audiodamage synths because are easy, sound good and run softly without significant cpu loading
May 20, 2020  | person abi
Wasn’t very impressed with the original but had the opportunity to be on the beta for this version. Pretty nifty synth. I’d like to win a copy of course. 🙂
Love Audio Damage stuff but never tried Phosphor! Count me in and thanks for the contest!
May 20, 2020  | person Mauya
Count me in kind sir
Great 👍
May 20, 2020  | person Shastx
Liked pre-e...would love winning this
May 20, 2020  | person Humbuzz
Phosphor 3! Why certainly!
That’s rad.. please count me in on the drawing.
Sounds cool. I have a couple of other excellent Audio Damage products but not this one! Yet!
Count me in Tim, thx much!
May 20, 2020  | person jdiercks
Phosphor 2 was underrated. Looking forward to checking this iteration out.
This is a good thing.
May 21, 2020  | person Roikat
🤞Thank you again sir
May 21, 2020  | person m_h_s_n
Thank yooooou !!! ;)
May 21, 2020  | person Allehoop
Thanks for a chance to win, Tim and Audio Damage!
Good synth!
May 21, 2020  | person stan
I think I might need this…
I could prosper with Phosphor
May 21, 2020  | person SimHC
Love the sound of Phosphor 2, and am looking forward to the new version!
May 21, 2020  | person Cliffy
I have previous Phosphor version! Def a winner
May 21, 2020  | stars Zymmy
Awesome, gotta love audiodamage <3 count me in if it not too late!! Happy Father’s Day! Greetings from Germany 👋🏻
This looks sweet!
May 21, 2020  | person cfurrow
I'd like to enter if there's still time! Looks great!
Great thing!
I love the alphaSyntauri, it is a dream from machine elves we sometimes encounter. Dark hails to FM synth too, this is like a real odd sorta fm monster eh>
I’m not sure how I feel about AudioDamage. I originally liked their very vocal expression of how they see customer service and pricing policy, but... After witnessing Randal’s rants on KVR about how irritated he was with Apple (and I can actually relate, but some of it seemed kind of irrational at the time, though this was years ago now), the utter lack of updating their first iOS AudioUnit that crashes GarageBand’s audio engine, and the lack of any response at all to my review indicating as much... I’ve lost comfort in the notion of sending money their way.
Last minute name in the hat ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Hoping to be still in time 🖖🏻☺️. Cheers
May 21, 2020  | person DiegoC
comment

Post a New Comment

This contest is now closed, no more entries are being accepted. Sorry you missed it!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft