« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

Tiny Desk (Home) Concert: Tarriona "Tank" Ball

NPR Music has been doing the Tiny Desk Concerts for years now, but just like everyone else they're working from home now. Fortunately Grammy nominated suitcase owner Tank from Tank and the Bangas, downloaded Korg's free iKaossilator last night. Tank's bravery, and luggage, in this performance cannot be overstated.

Video Description:

The Tiny Desk is working from home for the foreseeable future. Introducing NPR Music's Tiny Desk (Home) Concerts, bringing you performances from across the country and the world. It's the same spirit — stripped-down sets, an intimate setting — just a different space.

"I'm very proud to do this, I'm very scared to do this, but I'm obviously practicing social distancing cause my group is not here." And so Tarriona "Tank" Ball of Tank and the Bangas is on the floor of her living room in New Orleans, showing us just how much fun you can have being alone. Surrounded by percussive instruments that include a suitcase, a jar of cocoa butter, a cassette box, a pen and a version of Korg's music software called iKaossilator, Tank practices her social distancing singing, "It's OK to be alone by yourself, eat by yourself, chill by yourself, read by yourself."

Just over three years ago, this band from New Orleans won our Tiny Desk Contest. Since then, they've traveled the world, put out a major label album, and like all of us, are now taking care and being careful, with Tank spreading love from her living room.

March 27, 2020  | person_outline Tim Webb
Tank and the Bangas are an incredible band. Check their live from Austin City Limits set for an example. This little set is cool, but the band is an incredible fusion of jazz, hiphop, funk, rock and who knows what else. I don't know anything else quite like them. If this doesn't quite grab you, go check out some live stuff on YouTube.
March 27, 2020  | person MikeyB59-1
Away suitcase, not Rhodes…
comment

Post a New Comment

You are not currently logged in. Would you like to login or register?
Enter your information below to add a new comment anonymously.

I'm not a racist, but...
Usernames need to be at least 2 characters!
I'm not a racist, but...
Please don't use weird characters in usernames!
{[ Ctrl.useravailable[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
{[ Ctrl.useravailabletext[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
Wow, that's a short email address!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft