« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

Maria Calfa-DePaul - Taylor GS Mini in AUM on iPad Improv

Reader Maria Calfa-DePaul did a beautifully relaxing track with her Mini guitar, MicroFreak, and iPad!

Video Description:

#facalteza #touchscaper #taylorgsmini

This was done live as you see it/ no effects added other than those right on the instruments as I was recording it.
I wanted to use the new reverb I just got in the app store on my guitar and then it kind of snow balled from there. I re-discovered an app I purchased a while ago that has gotten some great improvements and thats the looper app Quantiloop. I use it for three different loops. One for the guitar, one for the microfreak and one for touchscaper. I also add the FAC Alteza reverb on the guitar as well as the microfreak I ran the whole thing inside of AUM where I was able to record the entire performance not just the loops.
I used some footage I took at Bear Mtn State Park, in Rockland County NY where I live and used it to add to the ambience of the piece.
I hope you like it and would love it if you subscribe and shared my video. Thanks so much!
Maria

March 20, 2020  | person_outline Tim Webb
Thanks Tim. Hope you are hanging on and well with this crazy virus...it fills like the twilight zone to me...
March 20, 2020  | person_outline Maria T Calfa-DePaul
For some reason my playback is all glitchy. I can tell that reverb is nice & swimmy, but the audio is just clicking on and off rapidly like a clocking error.

Not sure what's happening. Could be something in my system, but I've not had this issue before. I'll try listening again tomorrow.
Ah. Fresh new day. Listening now. Sounds lovely.
On March 21, 2020 - @stub said:
Not sure what's happening. Could be something in my system, but I've not had this issue before. I'll try listening again tomorrow.

I had the same problem with YouTube videos yesterday for a little while. It was super weird. Kind of like you were describing, but it was also occasionally stuttering so that everything was sounding like some Experimental Glitch fusion.
I wouldn't be surprised if systems are being pushed to their limits in various bottlenecks around the tubes.
On March 22, 2020 - @stub said:
I wouldn't be surprised if systems are being pushed to their limits in various bottlenecks around the tubes.

Ah that is a pretty good point. Wow, now that I come to think of it... The Internet has probably never had so many people actively doing stuff on it as it did yesterday. I guess in my mind I think Google's properties are just always immune to any kind of saturation issues. It is staggering to think what it would take to make YouTube stutter.
Stubb I am glad that it wasn't my video...I was actually thinking the same thing as Tim that with so many people either working from home or laid off (I'm the later :( then the internet must be really overloaded!!

Hope you are well and that this passes over us quickly!
March 23, 2020  | person_outline Maria T Calfa-DePaul
comment

Post a New Comment

You are not currently logged in. Would you like to login or register?
Enter your information below to add a new comment anonymously.

I'm not a racist, but...
Usernames need to be at least 2 characters!
I'm not a racist, but...
Please don't use weird characters in usernames!
{[ Ctrl.useravailable[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
{[ Ctrl.useravailabletext[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
Wow, that's a short email address!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft