« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

Don't Buy the New 2019 10.2" iPad!

YouTuber Max Tech briefly covers all of the many reasons you shouldn't buy the shitty new iPad 10.2". The aging A10 processor is a now 3 generations too old, and for $330 it's a fucking con! If you need a cheap iPad you might as well by the similarly spec'd 2018 iPad for $250, or the more powerful iPad Mini for $385. Realistically for music production you'll want a $470 latest gen iPad Air.

Update: Reader Bianca pointed out in the comments here that the link for the cheaper 2018 iPad is now only offering the 2019 iPad for $340. The old stock must have sold out in a hurry!

Video Description:

Apple has just released their 2019 10.2" iPad!
Here's why you should not buy it!

The new 2019 10.2" iPad is lacking quite a few features compared to the rest of Apple's iPads! It's basically identical to the 2018 iPad except for just a couple of features.

If this video helped you out, Tap Like & Subscribe for more iPad comparison videos!

September 12, 2019  | person_outline Tim Webb
Your link already takes you to the 2019 iPad, so I guess the chance to buy cheap end of line stock is gone
September 12, 2019  | person_outline Bianca
Shit, you're right! Thanks for pointing that out, Bianca.
I recommend the 10.5 iPad Pro. It has 4 GB RAM. For Music Production the extra GB of RAM is more important than 20% more CPU Power. Just my opinion. If Apple solves the latency Problem, which makes it difficult to bring it into my more and more Desktop oriented workflow, I would wait for a new model with even more RAM.
September 12, 2019  | person Plø
The iPad Mini is a pain in the balls. Too small of a screen for some music apps. Fuck buying a Pencil for $100. Reading everything on the web requires constant pinching and zooming. If you use the Korg iMS-20, you better buy a magnifying glass.
September 12, 2019  | person Resonator
I'm glad I pulled the trigger last year and got a good deal (Cost Company). Been spending more time with the 2018 iPad. It's fine. I can tell the Apple touchscreen is a bit more responsive than the cheap replacement screen I stuck on my older one.

Ended up giving my older iPad to my spouse. She's coming from a Kindle, so the touch screen is probably a step up for her.

My MBP is still going strong (knock wood). I'm probably gonna stay here in El Cap for the duration-- or until I'm forced by some uncontrolled situation to update.
September 14, 2019  | favorite_border stub
comment

Post a New Comment

You are not currently logged in. Would you like to login or register?
Enter your information below to add a new comment anonymously.

I'm not a racist, but...
Usernames need to be at least 2 characters!
I'm not a racist, but...
Please don't use weird characters in usernames!
{[ Ctrl.useravailable[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
{[ Ctrl.useravailabletext[Ctrl.userselector] ]}
Wow, that's a short email address!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft