« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

MultiTrack DAW 5.0 Update

MultiTrack DAW, from Harmonicdog, got a major update adding AUv3! This classic DAW can now support Audio Unit plugins as both Instruments and Effects. The update also adds MP3 export using LAME encoding, and an improved Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) in the Parametric EQ. There's a ton of stuff in here.

The update also mentions a UI overhaul, but it really doesn't look that different to me.

What's new in MultiTrack DAW v5.0:

Welcome to MultiTrack 5!

This update includes a huge number of features:

AUv3 support for effects/instruments/generators with 2 window sizes, and presets support.

MP3 export using Lame, with command line in Settings.app

FFT with 7 coefficient Blackman Harris window in Parametric EQ screen, with decade lines.

Complete UI overhaul, with better visibility, highlighting buttons, and dynamic resizing.

Support for zooming tracks vertically. Track Header controls are resized and centered on the fly. VU Meters add segements and resize dynamically.

Support for Slide Over / Split View on iPad (iOS 11 or better)

Drag and drop from other apps / Files app. Drop multiple audio files directly onto tracks! With Snap Helpers while dragging. Regions/Tracks will be created if necessary, multiple dropped audio files line up vertically.

Support for portrait mode on iPhone with up to 15 tracks visible simultaneously on iPhone in portrait, 22 on iPad, 24 on iPad Pro.

Support for Emojis on track, song, audio, region, and folder names, in color.

Reworked Song Menu, with folders, new icons for zips and audio files, animations, MultiTrack projects are now (.mtdaw) packages.

Ability to drag audio/projects/folders and drop onto other folders, or hover over the folder to traverse into that folder, or hover over the Back button to traverse up the hierarchy, with animations.

Ability to preview audio files from the song menu (opens shared browser with play/import buttons)

WiFi web server reworked to look more like the song menu with better resizing. Ability to traverse folders from web interface.

Added 'Springiness' to track scrolling, this solves the bug of not being able to adjust the start handle of a region at zero. Now, edit the region as normal, use one finger to pull the window right and another finger to access the region start handle.

Added IAA/AU effects icons to tracks, these are untappable and indicate the current effects on the track. They mimic the IAA/AU effects panel and rearrange when effects are rearranged, with animations. This makes it easy to see the status of all your plugins at once, with loading indicators and error overlays.

IAA/AU effects panel now has 'No-Clip' unity gain control with VU Meter. If a plugin is clipping, turn this control down. The signal will be automatically boosted by the inverse amount after the plugin return.

'Follow' menu option added, now the automatic following of the playhead can be disabled. Follow is now slightly more aggressive and will follow even when looping.

Better CPU usage when nothing is happening onscreen.

Display of Beats/Time/Samples is now an optimized smearing number renderer (with glow).

Song Menu remembers all song / audio / folder icon positions, and watches the current directory for changes in case a file is dropped from iTunes File Sharing, WiFi server or Drag&Drop.

Localization for Japanese added.

And MORE...

May 15, 2019  | person_outline Tim Webb
This comment is for MultiTrackDAW. (The link took me to an article for a different app originally and I had to back out.) Yeah! I felt like I was an old fogey because I still use this app. Now it has the modern features I felt I was missing out on. Yippee!
On May 15, 2019 - @very_electric_guitar said:
This comment is for MultiTrackDAW. (The link took me to an article for a different app originally and I had to back out.) Yeah! I felt like I was an old fogey because I still use this app. Now it has the modern features I felt I was missing out on. Yippee!
This seems to be a problem several people have encountered, but I've never personally experienced it to track it down. Do you remember specifically which link you clicked on when you meant to comment here? Which article did it send you to? Also, what browser and OS were you on at the time? Thanks!
A very nice update to the only iOS DAW I actually use in anger. Simple to use.
Hi Tim, maybe i know what the problem is, i try toch explain it ;)
Sometimes i visit discchord and leave the page open, when i continue browsing the next day without refreshing the website the order of the newsarticles is changed.
(Newest article from yesterday is now on page 2)
So when i click on next page all articles are there but all screenshots or movielinks don't match the article.

By refreshing everything works like it should, thought maybe you wanted to know;)

Greetz Kees
May 16, 2019  | person_outline Kees
@Kees: Thanks for that. I will test that out on my own iPad and see how it behaves.

This comment of yours was missing a special security token. That's extremely weird. The token is generated when you start typing into the comment textarea. This token is meant to prevent bots, because bots don't type the way people do. Can you think of any reason the site didn't think you typed that comment?
Haha yes i think i know how i did that;)
I tried to start typing on my android phone but for some reason the keyboard started to pop-up and dissapear.
So i typed the whole message in mij notepad app en copy&pasted everything in this box.
That happens very often, i tap on this box, the keyboard pops up and disappears immediatly.
Could be my phone
On May 16, 2019 - @Kees said:
Haha yes i think i know how i did that;)
I tried to start typing on my android phone but for some reason the keyboard started to pop-up and dissapear.
So i typed the whole message in mij notepad app en copy&pasted everything in this box.
Ahhh! Yeah, that definitely explains that. Thanks for clarifying!

BTW, if you make an account the token stuff is handled differently. As a registered user you could do that copy-paste trick and your comments won't get flagged for moderation.
I logged in with Google somewhere during the process. And I was browsing through a VPN which is why I think I had to login.
comment

Post a New Comment

Anonymous comments are closed for old posts. If you'd like to comment please Register.

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft