« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

MIDI Effect AUv3 Plugins by Audeonic

Audeonic released a suite of MIDI Effects for AUv3, and CoreMIDI, on iOS and macOS! mfxMonitor is a free MIDI Monitor, mfxStrip is a MIDI channel strip, mfxPitch can be used for adding up to 2 additional pitched notes, mfxPan creates pan sweeps based on incoming MIDI events, mfxWobble for automated pitch bends, and mfxConvert for changing MIDI messages and channels.

These were developed using Audeonic's MidiBus library. There will be a bundle for these as soon as Apple approves it. I will include links here when they become available. In the meantime...

Update: Here is the link to pick up the whole bundle for $12.

Contest: Audeonic is giving away 5 copies to readers here. You have your choice of which one you'll receive! Register and comment with which plugin (pick one) you'd like, and for which OS; e.g. mfxConvert iOS.

Contest closed! Congratulations to RJB, Daveypoo, ajp, eVr, and bencruz! Emails will go out later today.

mfxMonitor iTunes Description:

Does the World need another MIDI Monitor? We thought so, and it's free, so you have nothing to lose to add this handy little utility to your app collection.

Any MIDI events received by the plugin are displayed in a scrolling window in both textual form and also the lower level hex bytes with timestamps. Once you get sick of the events you can press the 'clear' button to wipe them out of your life forever.

mfxStrip iTunes Description:

* MIDI CHANNEL STRIP *
(AUv3 or CoreMIDI Effect)

Some of the most commonly used MIDI manipulations in one handy package. This is MidiFire's Channel Strip module in AUv3 format.

- Filter and remap channels
- Remap notes
- Turn your poly keyboard in to a mono one

mfxPitch iTunes Description:

* MIDI PITCH/DELAY EFFECT *
(AUv3 or CoreMIDI Effect)

Generate up to two separate additional pitched note lines each with it's own delay and level. Pitch range is +/- 2 octaves (24 semitones or 2400 cent).

Really effective in giving leads and pads some extra oomph or adding fifths, thirds or the like.

mfxPan iTunes Description:

Creates automated pan sweeps based upon the incoming MIDI events (sends MIDI channel PAN controller messages). From basic L to R pings and pongs to very odd panning effects as parallel pan cycles fight against each other.

Panning is triggered by note velocity, aftertouch or controller events. You can set the style, length and depth of the pan as well as a pre-delay before it starts.

The pan itself can be proportional to the trigger, so the harder you play a note the further it pans (and vice versa).

mfxWobble iTunes Description:

mfxWobble lets you bend your MIDI pitch without touching the pitchbend lever. Bends are triggered by incoming notes or aftertouch and you set a length of time for the bend to smoothly cycle to the specified depth (or height) and back again.

The distance of the bend can be proportional to the velocity of the note being played, so the harder you play, the further the bend. A threshold control sets the starting velocity that must be reached before a bend starts. The bend cycle can be pre delayed.

For an interesting effect try turning 'parallel bends' to 'yes', play a few notes and hear the multiple bend cycles push and pull that bend lever against each other.

mfxConvert iTunes Description:

mfxConvert is a plugin for converting MIDI events in real time. It can be used for simple channel, note or controller remaps. However, it can also handle sophisticated conversions of event types, for example pitch bend to controller or note velocity to channel pressure. See [iTunes Description] for the supported conversions.

Simple to operate yet a very effective tool to have at your disposal. Create as many separate conversions as you need inside the one utility.

There's even a demo video for all of the apps on the official Audeonic YouTube channel.

February 05, 2019  | person_outline Tim Webb
MfxConvert, iOS
February 05, 2019  | favorite_border Tony
MFXPitch IOs cheers Tim
February 05, 2019  | stars RJB
mfxPitch, iOS!
February 05, 2019  | person wooliscool
mfxWobble for iOS, please :D

ooh wee as Mr Poopybutthole would say lol
February 05, 2019  | person senhorlampada
mfxConvert, please sir! Thanks!
February 05, 2019  | stars Daveypoo
mfxConvert for iOS

Thanks for the link to Audeonic’s MidiBus, Tim! Hadn’t made the connection. Been waiting for some of those apps to go AUv3 and bought StreamByter as soon as it came out. But I didn’t realize that so many apps were using library. ‘Figures!

Interesting that these plugins would also be available as Audio Unit on macOS. Hadn’t noticed that it was the case for StreamByter. Someone coded a simple chord rotator (to create the “Michael Brecker Effect”) using StreamByter. Didn’t realize I could use the same script in Logic Pro X (and MainStage). Interestingly, Robby Kilgore (who created the original effect on the Oberheim Xpander) has released his own VST/AU MIDI Rotator plugin.

At this point, though, mfxConvert for iOS is the one which interests me the most. It should help me use some devices with fixed CC, especially hardware ones. For instance, my main wind controller (Yamaha WX11) sends breath control through CC02. One of the most useful things to do with breath is to modulate the cutoff frequency of a lowpass filter. In many softsynths, it’s easy enough to reroute CC02 to filter cutoff via “MIDI Learn”. But my hardware synths don’t respond directly to CC02. I’ve used Audeonic Apps for this very reason (including FreEWI). But my setup is now mostly based on AUv3 hosts, which are much easier to use than “Core MIDI”.

At any rate, thanks for letting us know about the background for this series of plugins, Tim. Part of the service you offer (and for which we’re really grateful) is some of the context behind the apps. It’s easy enough to hear about new apps. But we don’t necessarily notice where they come from.

Also, thanks in advance for the free license to mfxConvert for iOS! ;-)
February 05, 2019  | favorite_border Enkerli
mfxConvert, thank you, thank you very much.
February 05, 2019  | person synfiniti
On February 05, 2019 - @Enkerli said:
At any rate, thanks for letting us know about the background for this series of plugins, Tim. Part of the service you offer (and for which we’re really grateful) is some of the context behind the apps. It’s easy enough to hear about new apps. But we don’t necessarily notice where they come from.
Thanks! It is something I try hard to include, because I know not everyone knows about all of these apps or the people behind them. Context is nice! However, in this case I basically just cut and pasted that, because it was at the end of the description for all of these apps and I wanted to just include it once. So I don't deserve much credit here! ;)

Guys please include the OS you want so I know if you want iOS or macOS.
On February 05, 2019 - @Tim Webb said:
Thanks! It is something I try hard to include, because I know not everyone knows about all of these apps or the people behind them. Context is nice! However, in this case I basically just cut and pasted that, because it was at the end of the description for all of these apps and I wanted to just include it once. So I don't deserve much credit here! ;)
Understood. But, as is so often the case, shifting a line in a text to make it more obvious can make a huge difference. Hadn’t paid attention to the writeup about the apps but the clickable link got me to pay attention to what the relevant information. In other words: I just wish app devs didn’t bury the lede!

On February 05, 2019 - @Tim Webb said:
Guys please include the OS you want so I know if you want iOS or macOS.
Hey, I said it three times! ;-)
February 05, 2019  | favorite_border Enkerli
Mfxpitch iOS alvast bedankt!
February 05, 2019  | favorite_border Erik
mxfPitch iOS - thanks Tim and audeonic!
February 05, 2019  | stars bencruz
mfxConvert, iOS
Thanks and hugs
February 05, 2019  | stars eVr
mfxStrip iOS
February 05, 2019  | person voodmania
mfxConvert for iOS please
February 05, 2019  | person Marcel
mfxPan for iOS, please and thanks!
February 05, 2019  | person WilliamC
POsted earlier but realized I failed to add the OS.

mfxConvert for iOS, please Tim. Thank you!

Mfx Strip for IOS please.
February 05, 2019  | person Colin S
I like that we're seeing so many nice MIDI utilities for iOS. I would have thought Mac OS would have continued to lead the way with MIDI stuff.
February 05, 2019  | favorite_border stub
mfxConvert for iOS!! In full disclosure, though, I will be buying the bundle once Apple approves it. :-)
February 05, 2019  | person BDBaker1958
mfxWobble mfxWobble mfxWobble

Thanks!
February 05, 2019  | person MikeV
Mfdconvert !
February 05, 2019  | person burnalot
mfxConvert For iOS would be fantastic! I’ve been using a stand-alone app, but since it isn’t AUv3 or Audiobus compatible, it’s another thing to wrestle with that kills the flow...
February 06, 2019  | stars ajp
Lemon curry?

mfxConvert iOS

Thanks
February 06, 2019  | favorite_border Laarz
MixConvert for iOS please. :)
Maybe too late, but I'd like the iOS version of MFXconvert
February 06, 2019  | favorite_border stub
comment

Post a New Comment

This contest is now closed, no more entries are being accepted. Sorry you missed it!

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft