BeatSpiral is a Universal sample performance instrument from Xylio, makers of Future DJ.
We've seen a few sample slicer apps, but most stick to the conventional 16-step sequencers of hardware samplers. This looks pretty damn cool, using the touch interface to control the sequencer in a more dynamic way.
Chop samples, make beats and perform them live. Choose from the included library or import your own.
- Create new sequences by rearranging and looping sample slices
- Hold the wave stripes at different locations to play slices, slide out to record
- 2 Waves on the left get recorded to one track, the others to the second
- Different loop regions on each track, change their length, copy and erase
- Mute pads for temporary silencing, erasing track content and deactivating
- Eject buttons for selecting sample files and setting volume and panning
- User sample import via iTunes File Sharing (mp3, wav, aiff, m4a)
- Animated metronome shows tempo controls (20-200 BPM) with Tap Tempo
- Zoom, Undo and Rotate tracks
- Audio engine featuring high quality interpolation and low latency
- Sample library and handy user guide to get you started
Not mentioned in those features are how you import your own samples, record nor export.
For $2 though this looks pretty damn fun, as evidenced by their introductory video.