« Forums | App News »
   New Post
   Search

Music Box reinvented for iPad

So this happened...

If you're sitting there at home biting your tongue off with anticipation to buy this new way of interacting with your iPad, you're in for a disappointment. This is just an experiment from the minds of students at ECAL/University of Art and Design, in Switzerland.

Little Boxes is a music box concept for iPad. It consists of a tangible part composed of three separate music boxes that interact with an iPad and an application. When placing one of the boxes on the iPad, it recognizes it and activates. The idea is that each box contains its own universe revealed by the action of the crank with an animation and melody proper to each. The aim is to give a new dimension to the music box, and transcribe visual sensations that don't exist in a standard music box. This work reflects my desire to play with the physical and digital elements by making them interact. It allowed me to embrace different areas, and confront myself with creative and technical challenges. The result is the creation of a world through the music box, where everyone can enter and interact with it.

I'd guess it is using magnets for note (and visual) information. They don't give any details. Thanks to Palm Sounds for bringing this to my attention, after he picked it up from iOS Music & You.... the circle of a life!

July 18, 2012  | person_outline Tim Webb

Awesome music box especially made for iPad.. This technical device is really good too for all kind of iPad users.. Welcome one.

July 26, 2012  | person_outline sathya
comment

Post a New Comment

Anonymous comments are closed for old posts. If you'd like to comment please Register.

Comment:

Do not use HTML in your comments. Tags: [b] Bold Text [/b] [i] Italic Text [/i]
Links will be generated if you include http:// or https:// at the beginning of a URL.
Submit

Contact | Privacy Policy | Developer Services | Advertise
discchord.com is a service of Gnubesoft