Dmitrij Pavlov has released Poison-202, a new synth app with rich features and even richer sounds! The demo for this one is absolutely killer. Beyond nostalgia-bait, for the truly classic synth sounds, it just plain sounds good! Poison-202 arrives with MIDI and IAA, but no Audiobus.
Poison-202 iTunes Description:Poison-202 is a professional Vintage Midi Synthesizer. Made by musicians for musicians, it is inspired by famous classic hardware synthesizers of 80's and 90's and has all the main sound creation blocks you can imagine: oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more! Unlike many other software synthesizers at the market, which can reproduce only limited family of sounds, Poison-202 is designed to be able to reproduce almost any classic synthesizer timbre! Check out the Presets Demo video:
The library of 150 built-in factory presets includes famous patches that can be heard in the compositions of such electronic and rave scene music performers as The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and many others!
You can play it with your fingers on iPhone / iPad, or you can plug-in your favorite USB MIDI keyboard into your device using Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and turn Poison-202 into a real synthesizer module!
- 2 oscillators with selectable wave form and pitch
- 5 oscillator waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
- one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
- additional (third) sinusoid sub oscillator + noise generator
- 2x-oversampled internal sound mixing frequency (96,000 Hz on iPhone 6s)
- 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
- 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
- It is possible to pair two 12 dB TVF to get one 24 dB filter
- Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
- Ring modulation
- Sync modulation
- Pulse width modulation (PWM)
- Cross frequency modulation
- 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
- LFO cross-modulation
- 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (Sample & Hold)
- 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
- Note Portamento
- 3-band EQ for each patch
- Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
- Master brickwall type limiter (can be switched on/off)
- Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Serial
- Solo playing mode with Legato switch
- Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range (2 - 24 semitones)
- Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
- Receive MIDI events: Note On, Note Off, Note Velocity, Control Change (Modulation Wheel), Pitch Bend Change, Program Change, Bank Select LSB/MSB
- Arpeggiator with 6 selectable modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
- Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
- Voice polyphony up to 24
- Up to 100 user presets to store
- Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control
- CPU usage indicator
- Volume meter
- Show Oscillogram feature (can be switched on from Settings Page)
- Inter-App Audio supported (MIDI-Instrument mode) to use Poison-202 together with other musical apps and sequencers on your iPhone/iPad, such as Garage Band and others!
Here's the demo! Definitely check this out. Some of you may remember Pavlov from his 2012 video, recreating Prodigy's Firestarter from the source samples. That is also well worth a watch!