Mixvibes, developer of CrossDJ, has released a new DJing app in the grid style of Ableton Live and Launchpad. Remixlive is a remixer that is Universal on iOS. It looks cool and is presented well. The app is free, but there are plenty of opportunities to give Mixvibes money. This is loaded with IAPs, and they're all spread out in different categories that makes it cumbersome to list, and impossible (or at least annoying) for me to attempt to chronicle here.
I did the IAP math though! To unlock all of the "Features" will cost you $16. To unlock all of the "FX" will be another $4. So the app is basically $20. From there you can further spend $2 each on sample packs, though you can import your own if you unlocked that in the Features category. There are no bundles to simply unlock everything.
Remixlive iTunes Description:
Mixvibes, the pioneer of digital djing, introduces the perfect remix toolbox: lay down samples on a grid of pads and tweak them in seconds. Don't have any production hardware? Remixlive is all you need to turn ideas into high-quality tracks.
Want to create unique songs? Record live input through the device's microphone and capture any sound, voice or instrument. Fine-tune your samples like in a DAW production software by editing their length and envelope (ADSR). Play several samples per column in multiple mode to create rich and layered sounds.
Remixlive is optimized for live performance: change the tempo, adjust samples' tone or play them in reverse mode, all in real time!
- Grid: 24 pads on iPhone, 48 on iPad.
- 48 samples per pack: beats, basslines, melodies, vocals and FX samples.
- 15 sample packs, ranging from Hip-Hop to Dubstep - and more to come.
- Artist pack by legendary DJ/producer Carl Cox and more to be added.
- Create new packs by mixing and matching samples from existing packs.
- Sample packs by world-famous sound design studio Loopmasters.
- Royalty-free samples: make tracks that you can sell and distribute.
- Instant FX pad: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Reverb and more.
- Loop your track with beat-repeat pads, from 2 to 1/16.
- Live BPM control: change tempo on the fly without stopping the music.
- Multiple mode: play several pads per column, simultaneously.
- Control levels and filters for each column.
- Trigger an entire line of samples at once with just a swipe.
- Record performance in high quality audio (AAC).
- Share recordings by email or open them in your device’s other music apps.
- Edit Play mode (loop, one-shot, gate), Quantize, Gain, ADSR, Pan, Loop division, Reverse.
- Import your own samples from iTunes.
- Record any sound or voice through the mic - with an optional overdub.
- Load, move and duplicate any sample, anywhere on the grid.
- Transpose: raise or lower the tone of your samples.
- HQ audio limiter.
- Ultra-accurate BPM detection.
And last but not least, the app is universal: buy it once and use it on your iPad & your iPhone!