Caustic developer Rejean Poirier is the first to make use of the recently released Korg Volca Sample SDK. Caustic Editor let's you import sounds (Audiobus/AudioShare/AudioCopy) and then export them directly to the Korg device. It is available for free, as is a PC/Mac version on the official website. Even if you have no interest in the Korg Volcas this is still a nice free audio editor, with AudioShare and AudioCopy export!
Caustic Editor for Volca Sample:
Use Caustic's powerful waveform editor to import, load, record, edit and upload samples for use with your KORG Volca Sample device.
- Audiobus compatible (receiver)
- AudioShare compatible (import/export)
- AudioCopy/Paste compatible (import/export)
- iTunes file sharing support
- Open In... support for .wav files.
- Supports any uncompressed, mono or stereo WAV, at any sampling rate or bit depth.
- Apply any of 16 of Caustic's effects and preview them in real-time, then stamp down and apply more.
- Process waveform audio with Fade In/Out, Normalize, Amplify, Reverse operations and more.
- Use Caustic's C-SFXR to generate retro video game samples.
- Trim audio precisely, down to individual samples.
- View the frequency spectrum of your audio.
Volca sample-specific features:
- Upload to any of the 100 sample slots
- Clear all samples
- Restore factory samples
- Monitor device memory