Daniel Resnick has released his first app, a cross between a synthesizer and a guitar, and even includes Audiobus in version 1.0!
Synthecaster iTunes Description:
Synthecaster fuses elements from guitars and keyboards into a full range polyphonic instrument that is intuitive, accommodates a wide variety of playing styles, and generates an even wider variety of sounds. The instrument fits on a mobile screen, yet allows for technical playing styles such as shredding and complex chord formation.
• Keys are arranged in string-like rows (tuned in perfect fourths by default)
• Sliding across keys in a row results in legato sliding or portamento gliding from note to note
• Sliding a key up or down will bend its pitch in the same direction
• Several notes can be played on the same row simultaneously
• Up to 5 notes can be played simultaneously
• The entire keyboard spans over 6 octaves (not including the range added by oscillator tuning)
Synthecaster's audio is generated by a powerful and highly configurable polyphonic synth engine:
- Dual oscillators with individual tuning
- Filter with envelope sweeping
- Amplifier ADSR envelope
- Soft clip, hard clip, bitcrush, and downsampling distortion
- LFO assignable to amplitude, filter cutoff, or oscillator tuning
- Stereo flanger, chorus, and delay effects
- Over 30 preloaded synth presets
- Create custom presets and share them using AirDrop, Messages, or Mail
- High quality 44.1 kHz stereo audio output
- Audiobus compatibility
For best results, play through speakers or headphones.
Note: Requires iPhone 4S or newer device running iOS 7.
Not recommended for iPhone 4 due to performance issues.