Intua doesn't fuck around with their updates. When they patch BeatMaker 2 it stays updated. Today's update has 27 bullet points, which you can read in their entirety on the Intua forum. The big news though is that you can now record audio, and work with audio tracks! Two big advances for this long running iOS DAW! I think the battle for supremacy between NanoStudio and BeatMaker 2 just got flipped again here, now that Beat Maker 2 has MIDI Out & Audio tracks. Your move, Nano.
Here are the highlights:
- Audio tracks with disk streaming support
- Support for USB class audio interfaces on iPad via CCK
- Record up to 8 audio tracks simultaneously
- Sample drag'n'drop on drum machine via "Quick Load"
- Event recording is now allowed anywhere in the app
- Sustain pedal is now supported in the keyboard sampler
- Keyboard sampler now supports layers
- Retina graphic content for the 3rd generation iPad
- Receive MIDI clock messages for tempo synchronization
- MIDI Settings: Added OMNI and input clock