Wednesday, October 09, 2019 by Tim Webb
DJ Player Professional, from iMect Ltd., was updated with support for external storage devices. The update also includes an Instant Doubles option to automatically load up two decks with the same song. This was one of the original DJ uses for having two turn tables, because it allows you to remix on the fly with different elements. The most common example of this would be to extend a drum break.
What's new in DJ Player Professional v10.3:
USB STORAGE AND EXTERNAL FOLDERS
USB drives, pendrives, USB sticks, HDDs, etc. can be used inside DJ Player. This functionality offers a complete feature set including:
- Track listing to any depth (folders) with artworks and metadata displayed.
- Track search (recursive to any depth).
- Create, rename or delete folders.
- Copy and delete files.
- Tracks can also be copied from the Apple Music Library to the USB drive.
- USB storage access requires iOS/iPadOS 13 or newer.
INSTANT DOUBLES - A long waited feature!
- Drag the artwork of a deck onto another deck to immediately load the same track at the same position with the same playback state.
- Including the same looping state! Yes, the current loop is also cloned.
- Track Browser Opens Full Screen Only setting: fixed bug. If enabled, track browser will only appear in full screen.
- All custom playlists can be deleted now, not just empty ones.
- Even faster track loading.
- MIDI track browser back feature goes to the library selector on the highest level. For example you can change the library from Deezer to USB storage with MIDI.
- MIDI Browser knob:
-- SHIFT + Click: back in the browser (same functionality as before).
-- SHIFT + Hold for 1 second: closes the track browser.