MIDI Designer Pro 2, from Confusion Studios LLC, was updated with feedback for MIDI controllers. This allows you to quickly change the display on gear like the Launchpad Mk 2, MIDI Fighter Twister, and an upcoming MIDI Beast. The update also includes new time-based delayes for users of the built-in $5 StreamByter MIDI effect from Audeonic.
What's new in MIDI Designer Pro 2 v2.97.0:MIDI Designer Pro 2 version 2.97 is all about our Pedalboards functionality. With Pedalboards, MDP2 becomes a tactile heads-up display for your hardware MIDI controller. MDP2 currently supports the MIDI Fighter Twister, the Novation Launchpad MK2, and our very own, upcoming pedalboard, the MIDI Beast.
Features all users will find useful, even without an external MIDI controller:
• Add time-based delays to your output StreamByter rules! StreamByter by Audeonic -- incorporated into MDP2 as an IAP -- is the missing link, allowing you to parse incoming MIDI (e.g., to break up sysex) and modify outgoing MIDI (e.g., for conditional transposition)
• Smart Positioning for Make Similar: create a control and place it. MDP2 will know where to place the next one automatically.
• Automatic Ticks for Button Group Supercontrols: supercontrols now automatically update display min, max and # of ticks based on button subs.
• New Drag to Swap Action: Position/Size
• New Drag to Swap Action: Position/Size & Supercontrols
Features for Pedalboards:
• Pedalboard feedback for the MIDI Beast, the Novation Launchpad MK2, and the MIDI Fighter Twister.
• Automatic supercontrols on Pedalboards: controls placed on Pedalboards are automatically supercontrols.
• Pedalboards now slide up and down (resolving a major hindrance for assigning pedalboard supers to subs on normal pages)
• Pedalboard page properties now in a separate panel (which will host much greater functionality in the future)
• New Subcontrol option: Momentary & Return to Last Page
• Fixed Exclude from Reset to Default (thanks qdrtshlz)
• Fixed big incoming sysex processing for Streambyter (thanks Stuart!)
• Lifted the 256-byte broken-up sysex limit to 4096 bytes (thanks again, Stuart!)
• Fixed Panel CC offset to not adjust panels with Make Similar
• Fixed Default Value Picker math (thanks again, qdrtshlz!)
• Added "hide keyboard" button to exit Stream Byter on iPhone (thanks Josef)
We know, we know: we’ve got a lot of explaining to do about this update! Watch our Instagram, FB and Twitter for detailed descriptions of how all of these new functionalities work. Our new Community Manager, Mitch Lantz, is working hard to keep everybody in the loop (while designing his own killer layouts, too).
QUESTIONS: Any questions about MDP2? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
LOVE: Do you love MDP2? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
HATE: Is there something about MDP2 that just drives you crazy? A feature you need? An angle we’ve missed? An function you lack? Well, the only people who can fix it are waiting to hear from you at support [at] mididesigner.com!
SHOW OFF: Want to show us what YOU’RE doing with MDP2 so we can feature it? Mail us at dan [at] mididesigner.com
STAY INFORMED: Want to keep up with all things MDP2? Sign up for the mailing list at mididesigner.com/signup
Dan and the MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for more information.
Dan Rosenstark shows off the new Launchpad functionality on the official MIDI Designer YouTube channel.