DJ $HO's 30 minute Traktor DJ Trap set is incredible. The video is decent, his fingernails are kind of weird, but the audio and mixing are both great. I see a lot of videos everyday and it still impresses me to see people doing stuff like this on their phones.
I.N.F. MIX #1
mixed by DJ $HO (ENCOUNTER ENT. / The Edge Of Infinity) on TRAKTOR iPhone
Moombahton & Trap
ENCOUNTER ENT. 2013
Mark Stuart Ramsay wants to keep making music "on holiday" and experiments in this video with a MIDI keyboard and an iPad. The results of this experiment should come as no surprise to anyone here, but Mark's a good presenter and it is fun watching him test it out and realize the power of just a keyboard with an iPad.
Algoriddim has just released Djay 2 for iPad and iPhone (as separate apps), with lots of improvements to the popular DJ app. However, the most important new feature isn't even listed on their iTunes page: it has Audiobus support, opening up a huge array of possible effects and destinations for your mix!
To celebrate Djay 2's release Algoriddim are also giving away Vjay today!
Djay 2 iTunes Description:
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the word's best-selling iOS DJ software and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
What's new in Djay 2:
New User Interface
• Multiple Performance Layers: easily switch between turntables, waveforms, and the sampler to take your DJ performance to the next level
• Single Deck Mode: rotate your device to focus on an individual deck with larger controls
• Parallel Scrolling Wave View: touch and interact with two songs side-by-side
• Colored Waveforms: visually find sounds, such as drums, vocals or base lines, using a frequency based color mapping
• Spectral Timeline: visually identify song structure, intro, chorus and verse for quick song navigation
• Slice Mode: turn the beats in the waveform into temporary hot cues and remix on the fly
• Slip Mode: scratch your music without interrupting the flow as it snaps back in time on release
• Beat-Grids: use auto-detected visual beat markers for precise cueing and beat matching
Sampler & Drum Pads
• Sample Player: tap any of the 8 sample pads to trigger sounds from the pre-bundled content
• Sample Recorder: record live from playing decks to create your own one-shot samples
• Custom Presets: assign samples, color-code individual pads and save it as a custom preset
New Music Library
• Song Queue: quickly build a playlist for requests and upcoming songs
• History Playlists: see what has already been played during your session and easily recreate a great mix later
• Instant Preview: tap and hold a song in the library to preview it before loading it to the deck
• Advanced Sorting: rearrange playlists by BPM, title, artist, or time
• Analyze Library: pre-analyze your library so BPM, waveforms etc. are instantly available when loading a song
• Light & Dark Theme: adjust your library theme for maximum readability depending on lighting
Advanced Performance Tools
• Perfect Sync™: seamlessly blend songs together for a perfect transition or mashup
• Loop-FX: remix live by swiping across the XY-pad for beat-matched loops with simultaneous filtering
You may have noticed a huge gap in the stories posted today, and that is because a copy of Djay 2 landed in my inbox!
I immediately hooked it up in Audiobus with Echo Pad and lost track of time. The original Djay was so popular because of how easy it made the process of DJing, albiet in a simplified and dumbed-down sort of way. Everyone could have fun playing around with it. Djay 2's Perfect Sync™ continues this tradition by being far more than a goofy, and ponderously trademarked, buzz word. It really is effortless to sync up tracks so you feel like a badass when you're riding the crossfader.
Today I had such a solid bit going in Djay 2, while flailing my arms around in Echo Pad, that I cracked my elbow and funny bone! No shit, that was really weird! I plan on blowing huge chunks of the day exploring all the possible Audiobus connections available here. You could pair it with KoalaSan and start streaming out your DJ sets on Shoutcast!
Nettuno has released a new version of Virtual Guitar as a standalone app. Virtual Guitar 3 is free, but there are unspecificed IAPs.
Virtual Guitar 3 iTunes Description:
The most complete and easy guitar in AppStore! Play just shaking your iPhone, do it in real time with other people, record what you are playing, customize and choose between a lot of effects and sounds!
The evolution of Virtual Guitar, application that has been downloaded over 2 MILLIONS times, has been thought to be played by everyone, amateurs and experts guitarist, at every age.
Strum just shaking your iPhone - iPad or touch every chord to make arpeggios
Create customized chords or choose between the over 100 already preloaded
Play in REAL TIME with other guitarists, thanks to a special chat!
Record what you play, listen and share it as tutorial. Listen to the other users recordings!
Share, vote and edit the songs
A lot of guitar effects and sounds interchangeable in real time