Eventide released their 4th iOS app today with Rotary Mod! This one emulates a Leslie speaker with a vibrato effect that swirls! To celebrate this launch, Eventide's other apps are on sale!
Rotary Mod App Store Description:
Rotary is a rotating cabinet effect that simulates a Leslie speaker. It produces a pulse-like vibrato effect depending on the speed of rotation. Rotary offers precise control to dial in the exact amount of movement you need. This classic, swirly effect has been used on countless hit records to drastically transform guitars, bass, synths and even vocals.
- Change the speed of the rotor and horn independently and adjust the mix of the two to produce pulsing effects and special vibratos
- Add frequency modulation to the rotor and horn speed using secondary LFO with selectable modulation source
- Choose cabinet size (Standard or Giant) to alter the sweetness of your tone
- Craft the exact sound you need with included Hicut control
- Use Tap Tempo to sync effect to the BPM of your song
- Incredibly easy to use with included presets
- Innovative Ribbon control allows for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant
Available as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone app
AUDIOMODERN, developers of the creative MIDI sequencer Riffer, released Playbeat today! This AUv3 sequencer is generative, creating random beats and patterns for you. It is also available on desktops.
Playbeat App Store Description:
Playbeat is a creative groove randomizer plugin that generates beats and patterns for you.
Unlike an ordinary step sequencer, Playbeat creates patterns using algorithmic and random procedures for generating notes by combining Steps, Pitch and Volume.
Load, or import your own sounds and generate up to four patterns simultaneously to get polyrhythms. You can generate as many patterns as you want and never get the same one twice. That's because there is essentially an infinite number of different possible combinations.
New ways of creating grooves help to break new ground in music and sound design
Quick-fire Unique Rhythm patterns and discover New ways of creating beats on the spot.
Playbeat has been designed to promote music creation both in studio and live performance with a simple and convenient user interface. Endlessly variable and Endlessly interesting.
Playbeat also supports Ableton Link for tight sync between apps on the same network and MIDI Support.
Audio Damage, Inc. updated Discord4 with an advanced feature from the Eventide H910 that inspired it. You can now use MIDI note input to play in a pitch shift!
What's new in Discord4 v4.0.10:
>> MIDI Input added. You can now use the MIDI shift feature just like the Desktop version; assuming your host allows MIDI to insert effects (many do not) you can assign a note MIDI input to Discord and "play" the pitch shift, just like the keyboard accessory for the H910.
>> Full rebuild with all current SDKs and APIs. We had to refactor some things to bring Discord up to date and running smoothly.