iMIDIPatchbay got a minor update, but a major sale with the price dropping from $50 to $30!
iMIDIPatchbay iTunes Description:
iMIDIPatchbay lets you organize your whole MIDI setup from one central point. Do you often divide your keyboard into zones to assign different sounds which might come from external sound expanders? You want to integrate your music making apps into your live gear? Well, then iMIDIPatchbay is definitely the right tool for you!
- Create split and layer configurations very easily
- Send volume and other control changes (reverb, chorus, pan) to your sound devices
- Send program changes to your sound devices
- Transpose sounds in octave steps
- Filter controller data (sustain, pitch-bend, modulation, expression, aftertouch)
- Store configurations as programs for later recall
- Switch programs of iMIDIPatchbay from another app or MIDI device via program changes
- Switch programs while holding down keys or holding e.g. the sustain pedal without getting stuck notes
- UI which is optimized for live usage
What's new in v1.1:
- Support for up to 4 master keyboards
- Global transpose
- Minor Bugfixes
Ashley Elsdon, from Palm Sounds, loves this app. Here he demonstrates a clever use for iMIDIPatchbay, which is splitting his keyboard so the upper-range of keys are going to NLog, and the bottom half are going to Magellan.