Yuri Turov, developer of Xynthesizr and Shoom, just released Velvet Machine! This AUv3 effect promises velvety sounds, similar to a reverb. Velvet Machine has a highly customizable volume envelope, along with other controls that let you get creative with it.
Velvet MachineSonic texture generator / blur / non-linear reverb
*** WARNING ***
Velvet Machine is an Audio Unit v3 plugin and requires a compatible host such as GarageBand, AUM, Cubasis, Audiobus etc. The provided standalone app does NOT support the currently deprecated Inter-App Audio.
Velvet Machine is a CPU-intensive effect. A *minimum* of 5th Gen iPad, iPhone 6s or 1st Gen iPhone SE is required to run a single instance at maximum settings. With shorter times and/or lower densities CPU use is proportionally lower, but can still be relatively high.
Velvet Machine is a unique audio effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise. Here is what it can do:
- Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds
- Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.)
- Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds)
PDF manual and video demos are available on developer website.
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature
- Effect time ranging from 100 ms to 10 s
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second
- Predelay up to 500 ms
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet with no dry signal
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant