Nikolozi updated Mela – Synth & FX with some new modulation options related to MIDI notes, along with other improvements. The update arrives with a new official demo!
What's new in Mela – Synth & FX v1.9:• Oscillators can now be made free running by preventing them to retrigger on key press. Simply toggle on the Free parameter switch.
• Added the ability to modulate Mod Matrix Intensity parameters in both Mela and Mela FX audio units.
• Improved the Key source behaviour. Instead of generating only positive values relative to the C-2 key, Mela now produces a bipolar signal relative to C3. This means, when playing C3 note there will be no modulation applied to the target.
• The factory presets have been updated to account for the above change. You may need to adjust your own presets as well, in case they sound a bit different because of the new Key source behaviour.
• Improved how LFOs work internally: including the code efficiency as well as how they sync with the host.
• Improved LFO waveform generation algorithms: including fixing the square waveforms not generating accurately.
• Added smoothing to Mod Wheel, Aftertouch and Pitch Bend. This prevents any zipper sounds when they are used as modulation sources.
• An error dialog will be presented when trying to load a preset that was created using a newer version of Mela.
• An error dialog will be presented when trying to load a corrupted preset file.
• Improved Mela FX's Default and Init presets.
• Fixed iOS 14 compatibility issues.
• Updated User Guide.