Dj Puzzle did a short tutorial on sampling into Spacecraft with AUM. There's no talking in this tutorial, so you need to pay close attention to what he's doing. The trick here with Scatterbrain lets him monitor the output from BeatHawk.
In this brief tutorial I show you how to sample sounds from Beathawk into Spacecraft in AUM. I used Scatterbrain as an audio splitter with the “all out” preset to send Beathawk to another channel I AUM for proper monitoring and further manipulation. There is no talking in this video so I included the step by step instructions below. Here are the steps as follows:
1) Create an audio track and open Beathawk as an AU
2) Open Scatterbrain as an AU multi-bus effect
3) Assign the Beathawk output to Mix Bus A
4) Create a second audio channel and select multi-bus AU and select Scatterbrain
5) Create a third audio channel and open Spacecraft as an AU effect and change the channel input to Mix Bus A
6) Select "All Out" preset in the first channel of Scatterbrain
7) Hit "input sound" in Spacecraft and select "record audio in"
Hope this helps! Please support my Patreon here https://www.patreon.com/djpuzzle