ToneBoosters released an iOS version of TB Morphit, their utility to correct coloration in your headphones. Since most people on iOS devices are probably using headphones, this promises to provide flat studio reference equalization to your monitoring! Before you buy, check to see if your headphones are supported!
TB Morphit App Store Description:ToneBoosters Morphit is an AUv3 plugin for headphones correction and simulation and removes any unwanted coloration from your headphones!
Enable accurate monitoring and calibration, mix with studio reference equalization, and improve the accuracy of your headphones. Used and trusted by thousands of studios worldwide, and now available on your mobile device!
The ToneBoosters Morphit app captures the microphone (or external sound card) input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters Morphit will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.
How to use Morphit as AUv3 plugin for headphones correction:
1. Connect your headphones to your iOS device (using the headphones jack, using BlueTooth, or using an adapter as supplied by Apple). You can use any of the many supported headphones listed here: www.toneboosters.com/tb_morphit_v1.html
2. Start your favourite AUv3 host app (Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others) and add TB Morphit as Audio Unit insert effect to a track or output bus. See below on how to use Audio Units in various host apps.
3. Select the headphones you are using from the list of supported headphones provided within the TB Morphit app. That's it - all audio going through the Audio Unit plugin is optimised for your headphones.
- The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
- Hundreds of headphones supported!
- Unique feature: allow morphing of the amount of correction from 0 to 200%
- Unique feature: allow simulation of any of the supported headphones and see how your mix translates
- Unique feature: personalize the headphones target curve
- Unique feature: use Harman calibration / target curves
- No external hardware required; works with any of the supported headphones models
- Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
- Color themes for the user interface
- Max screen support in Garageband
- Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
There's no official demo for this, but YouTuber BigJerr did a short and sweet review of the desktop version.