Eventide released their 4th iOS app today with Rotary Mod! This one emulates a Leslie speaker with a vibrato effect that swirls! To celebrate this launch, Eventide's other apps are on sale!
Rotary Mod App Store Description:Rotary is a rotating cabinet effect that simulates a Leslie speaker. It produces a pulse-like vibrato effect depending on the speed of rotation. Rotary offers precise control to dial in the exact amount of movement you need. This classic, swirly effect has been used on countless hit records to drastically transform guitars, bass, synths and even vocals.
- Change the speed of the rotor and horn independently and adjust the mix of the two to produce pulsing effects and special vibratos
- Add frequency modulation to the rotor and horn speed using secondary LFO with selectable modulation source
- Choose cabinet size (Standard or Giant) to alter the sweetness of your tone
- Craft the exact sound you need with included Hicut control
- Use Tap Tempo to sync effect to the BPM of your song
- Incredibly easy to use with included presets
- Innovative Ribbon control allows for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant
Available as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone app
There are already so many videos for this! The Sound Test Room posted a timely demo, and Electronisounds thickens up his synth apps with the new app. Red Sky Lullaby did a quick jam with Rotary Mod in AUM.
Here is the official promo from Eventide Audio, which offers a preview of the presets.