Today Audeonic Apps released MidiPace for iOS and macOS. This is an app intended to remove the jitter from MIDI clocks to smooth out the latency from dodgy sources. MidiPace does this by automatically detecting the correct BPM and then outputting that clock to anything that supports CoreMIDI.
MidiPace iTunes Description:MidiPace removes jitter from MIDI clock signals with extremely high accuracy with zero latency. Feed it a poor clock signal and it will generate a perfectly smooth version using our highly rated clock generation algorithms for subsequent distribution. Or just use to distribute an incoming clock signal to any number of CoreMIDI destinations.
- Works with CoreMIDI physical and virtual ports
- Distribute the corrected clock signal to any set of ports
- The incoming bpm is automatically detected (no need to set in advance)
- Variations to the incoming tempo are tracked and smoothly matched
- Incredibly simple to operate (just 3 controls)
- Expertly coded in native C resulting in a minuscule memory footprint and very high throughput with minimal CPU load.
Please note: this application does not make sound and is designed only to be used standalone with CoreMIDI physical interfaces or supporting apps.
Also available for macOS. Built using the MidiBus library - http://midib.us
For the demo a "Nasty Jitter" in the clock is simulated with MidiFire, and then calmed down with MidiPace.