Marcos Kohler, developer of Harmonix and Collider, has released PolyPhase! This is a generative MIDI sequencer, but this isn't just a "push play" generative sequencer. At any point in the process you're able to halt the note generation to add in your own, with 4 tracks to work with, and tools to help you build up layers. It can then drive other apps via Audiobus/IAA.
The iTunes description does not do this justice. Check out the demo jam below!
Thanks to reader Artur for alerting me to this release!
PolyPhase iTunes Description:PolyPhase is a generative sequencer!
Melodies on a Master Track are created on the fly & copied, with phase offsets, to Slave Tracks. This structure, along with the interplay of various probabilities, leads to unique melodies and rhythms.
You can disable the generation of notes & draw your own Sequences, or select some of the randomization functions
Sequence external hardware, other iOS synths, or use the included Wavetable Synthesizer!
- 4 independent Sequencers with their own rate, direction, transposition & other properties
- Disable the generation of notes to draw your own, or use some of the intelligent functions provided
- Random Euclid & Drum Sequences
- The Wavetable Synth + FX lets you use PolyPhase even if you don't own any external Instruments
- Filter notes to a Global Key / Scale and selectable Chord Masks
- Save / Load Presets
- Snapshots for install recall of your Sequences
- Intelligently Randomize and Morph your Sequences & Synth sounds
- Accepts external MIDI clock & can provide clock to other devices
- Audiobus (Audio / State) & Inter-App Audio support
Back in December reader ajp used an early beta version of PolyPhase for this demo jam. Here he's sequencing iGrand, iSEM, Quanta, SpaceCraft, Laplace and Mersenne!