Today Ali Gokturk released KeyStage as a way for keyboardists to control where their MIDI is going, on the fly! This performance-oriented MIDI router lets you assign different regions of the keyboard to play out to different MIDI destinations. There's a lot of additional functionality in here as well; including an X/Y controller, and even a Lyrics modules to display lyrics on your iPad. There is a free demo version, and a demo video for the app!
KeyStage iTunes Description:KeyStage is a master controller app designed mainly for keyboard players. With KeyStage, you can simultaneously control any number of hardware and software instruments using any number of MIDI controllers in an organized way.
Each project consists of sections (which corresponds to sections of a song). In each section you can change sounds and sound parameters of connected instruments, create complex splits and layers of your keyboard(s), change the functionalities of sliders/knobs/pedals of your MIDI controllers by creating advanced MIDI mappings, view PDF and JPG files (e.g. sheet music) and lyrics, and much more.
The live console of KeyStage is optimized for live performances. For each section, you can view one of the five live units in the live console:
1. Info Unit, which show an overview of the section including the keyboard ranges, volumes and pitch translations of each instrument
2. XY Touch Surface, where you can assign control change or pitch bend parameters to x and y axis
3. Lyrics Unit, where you can show the lyrics for the section
4. Media Unit, where you can view PDF and JPG files
5. Piano Unit, which is a virtual MIDI piano with a pitch bend
Try the free Lite version!
LIST OF FEATURES
• Connect any number of MIDI controller to any number of MIDI instruments by creating tracks.
• Assign any region of your keyboard(s) to any connected instrument.
• Change velocity curve and velocity limits, and create velocity splits and layers.
• Transpose notes and restrict notes to any key using pitch shifter.
• Send program change, bank select and control change messages to connected instruments.
• Create instrument presets to easily change sounds of instruments
by choosing patch names from patch lists. KeyStage can also import Cubase Patch Scripts to automatically create instrument presets for your MIDI instruments.
• Simulate auto-sustain on any connected instrument.
• Change or filter any MIDI signal using custom translators. Use “Relative Control” switch to smoothly change the parameters of your instruments without any jumps.
• Use XY control unit to send control change and pitch bend messages to any connected MIDI instrument.
• Use virtual MIDI piano controller to play connected instruments.
• View PDF and JPG files. Link any page or region of any file to any section.
• Backup and restore your songs and global properties to Dropbox.
• Map special actions (like changing octaves, switching sections, changing pages of a PDF file) to notes and controllers using custom translators.
• Use MPE routing to control any MIDI instrument using MPE controllers like Seaboard. Use custom translators to change the functionalities of each MPE dimension.
• KeyStage supports smooth transitions between sections. Pressed notes will continue to sound when you switch sections.
You can access demo videos and video tutorials on my Youtube channel.