SpaceCraft Granular Synth, from Mark Watt, was updated with MIDI input. This includes MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support! The update also features a Live Sampling Mode that lets you record and manipulate audio in real-time. When loaded into an AUv3 host you can now automate the app's parameters.
What's new in SpaceCraft Granular Synth v1.0.5:The biggest update yet, by far! V1.0.5
- MIDI mode: velocity sensitive notes can be played via midi (use hardware midi controller, AUv3 host on-screen keyboard or another midi sequencer) with chromatic sequencer showing all 128 midi notes, notes reset button, latch mode button, midi notes amplitude envelope with Attack/Release XY-pad
- New MPE mode: accepts multi-channel MPE input for per note amplitude (pressure) and per-note grain modulation (slide). Ideal for Roli Seaboard !
- Parameter state-saving and preset file import/export (audio samples must be loaded manually)
- New Live Sampling Mode allows you to record (and monitor) audio input and granularise in real-time!
- Added new automatable parameters that can be controlled via an AUv3 host (including record and monitor)
- Option to manually export audio sample (use this to save any recorded audio)
- Double tap range (top) to view entire audio sample, double tap again to zoom on the region at play-head location
- Tempo sync now includes triplets and frequency band visualisation
- LFO enhancements: now tempo synced and behaves more musically at higher frequencies
- Arpeggiator enhancements: smoother transition when changing grain frequency and notes no longer jump around when adding notes
- New advanced settings pane: option to force stereo input (many more advanced settings options coming in future updates!)
Bug fixes and stability improvements:
- Memory and performance optimisations: now 2 instances possible in all hosts, 3 in AUM!
- Fixed bug where SC would crash if the AUv3 window was closed when the file chooser (white window) was open
NB: saving of presets and audio samples to Dropbox not currently supported.