Numerical Audio released RE-1, a new virtual tape machine that I nearly spilled the beans on last week! I was pretty excited for this one as soon as I heard about it. You get the usual fun stuff like tape-based echo and chorus, but it also lets you play around with it like a performance effect. There's sampling, looping, overdubbing just like a real tape recorder! There are even some built-in effects to help you design the resulting sounds.
RE-1 arrives with AUv3, Inter-App Audio, Audiobus, Ableton Link, and MIDI; for both control and tempo.
RE-1 iTunes Description:RE-1 - Tape Echo
RE-1 is a full featured virtual Tape Machine capable of delivering authentic tape based echo and chorus effects but it doesn't stop there. With it's interactive tape player, sample, loop and overdub features it's possible to use it like a virtual tape recorder, sample player, looper or simply as a master effect.
- Virtual Tape including 3 individually controllable read heads
- Interact with the virtual tape, touch the reels to slow down playback
- Tape Loop mode with overdub and tape reverse control
- Sample/Loop library loads wave files into the virtual tape loop
- Mode Control allows for easy use of various delay time combinations
- Dedicated controls for Wow, Flutter and Tape Hiss amount
- Dedicated Color and Saturation controls
- Stereo Spread & Stereo Panner
- Input processing: Highpass filter
- Output processing: 2 band eq
- Ableton Link
- MIDI (Tempo, CC, Program Change)
- iOS 11+
Doug Woods from thesoundtestroom is also excited about this one!