Xequence, from Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Limited, was updated with Drum Maps as a $3 IAP. Drum Maps allow you to setup any instrument with a fully customizable drum pad grid of up to 8x8. The update also includes a whole bunch of new scales and several enhancements to the on-screen keyboard.
What's new in Xequence v1.6:DRUM MAPS (In-App Purchase):
- Every instrument can now have a fully customizable drum map (up to 8x8 or 64 pads, any other sizes like 3x4 or 5x2 etc. are also supported).
- Access drum maps by tapping the former "Dual keyboard" toggle button at the bottom left of the keyboard screen, and selecting the pads icon.
- Drum maps can be edited via drag and drop
- Drum pads support positional velocity sensitivity (highly configurable), and glide from pad to pad
- Drum names are shown instead of notes in the pianoroll editor.
- Various layout editing functions like flip, compact, etc.
- Preset system: Drum map layouts can be saved and retrieved across projects and devices.
- 9 factory map presets included, more in a free update.
SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED SCALES SUPPORT:
- Over 70 new scales from all around the world added.
- Enhanced scale selector, organized into 10 categories and with visualization of current scale.
GREATLY ENHANCED CONTROL ON THE KEYBOARD SCREEN:
- Selectable linear or S-shaped velocity curves.
- New controller input mode "Key position": When enabled, sets the controller value when a key is struck, depending on the vertical position on the key. Fully configurable modes and curves. Very useful and expressive, especially if a synth doesn't support mapping velocity to a control.
- New controller input mode "Key slide": When enabled, the controller's value can be changed by moving your finger up and down while holding a key. Fully configurable modes and curves. Again, lots of expressive possibilities. This mode can also be combined with the aforementioned "Key position" for even more control.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
- "Auto-add controllers" option (enabled by default). When recording via MIDI and receiving a controller (CC) that does not yet exist on the current instrument, it will be automatically added.
- Added "Prevent display lock" option to settings.
- Keyboard: Changed the way the keyboard mode (scroll, glide, locked) is selected (reduced to two toggle buttons).
- Keyboard: Added Undo and Redo buttons in the bottom toolbar, no more switching back and forth while recording.
- Various user interface improvements.
- Various optimizations to make the app even faster and more resource efficient.
- Controller editor: Velocities sometimes didn't update immediately while playing after changing them in "Draw" mode.
- Keyboard: Fix occasional wrong note velocities when playing chords.
- Fix wrong display of project names that contain dots.
Here's a short demo of the new keyboard from the officialSeven Systems YouTube channel.