Over 2 years ago we got a free performance synth called CHAiOS from University of Applied Sciences Duesseldorf. Developer Ron Zimmer is greatly expanding on it in version 2 to create a "fully professional synthesizer" that uses a similar performance-based interface. This separate app is still in development, but here's an early preview video!
The CHAiOS SYNTH 2 is a further development of the free and easy-to-use CHAiOS SYNTH for iPad, which was formerly developed at the University of Applied Sciences Duesseldorf. The new version is beefed up by a number of new features and improvements. Now the CHAiOS SYNTH 2 has become a fully professional synthesizer while staying as intuitive and uncomplicated as its predecessor.
With support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus the CHAiOS SYNTH 2 can be used together with other audio apps on iPad.
- 16 Step melody generator with unique random algorithm
- Wavetable oscillator with three different waveforms
- VA lowpass filter with variable resonance and cutoff frequency
- Delay- and reverb-effects
- ADSR envelopes for controlling amp and filter frequency
- Support for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio
Improvements to CHAiOS Synth 1
- New bandlimited wavetable oscillator
- New „virtual analog“ 4-pole lowpass filter
- Additional ADSR-envelope for the filter frequency
- 3 modes for filter resonance
- 16 step /3 track drum-sequencer
- More parameters for reverb and delay
- Adjustable oscillator volume
- Improved, streamlined design
The old, free version of CHAiOS SYNTH is still available at the App Store FOR FREE, but will not be developed or maintained any further. Check it out to get the idea of the CHAiOS Engine!