Folks who ordered the Akai Ableton Push controller are getting very impatient waiting for them to arrive.
In the meantime POJ Studios are doing an end run around both Akai and Novation with iTrigger, a recreation of the Novation Launchpad that can actually be used like a Launchpad in Ableton!
iTrigger iTunes Description:
Use your iPad to mix wirelessly in Ableton Live!
Control Ableton Live and other music programs with MIDI over WiFi or USB. Launch Clips and Scenes, set levels and panning, make light shows!
- Clips - control clips in Ableton Live's Session View
- Misc - control a variety of Live's track settings
- d.rack and x-y - custom device control and configuration
- MIDI over Wireless Network (WiFi)
- USB MIDI adapter and iPad camera kit
- Most iPad MIDI interfaces/adapters
- AirPlay for Video Streaming