Audio Filter is the first third-party app to include support for JACK Audio Connection Kit! This freemium Universal app allows you to play music from your iTunes library and apply elaborate filtering. Or at least in theory. I didn't have any noticeable results with the CMP Piano app connected via JACK, but that might be because I did not purchase the $3 IAP to "Upgrade". The volume slider works, so it is getting audio from JACK. However, even radical shifts in the filtered frequencies had no impact on CMP Piano.
Honestly this is a pretty terrible app. Some basic UI elements are just completely omitted. For instance if you go into the Filters section, but want to bounce back out to the main menu, there was no way to do that! This update adds a gesture you have to use in order to get back out, which you wouldn't even know about unless you read the update notes. Dragging around on the on-screen frequencies has frustratingly obtuse results. I spent about 20 minutes with it and lost my mind before I could figure it out.
Correction: I screwed up the JACK connections in my test this morning, so I was hearing both the dry and wet signals.
What's new in 2.0.10:
- Rework of GUI and navigation so app can display views in both Portrait and Landscape modes
- Use LONG PRESS Gesture to return to main screen
- Bluetooth support discontinued due to playback issues
- Add ability to import and play mp3 files from other apps or through iTunes sharing
- Add support for combining with other audio apps through Jack IOS connection kit app
- Display Artwork for mp3 files
- Extra mp3 gain option