Sunvox developer Alexander Zolotov's PixiVisor is now available on iOS! This app converts video to audio and vice versa! While the video is in the audio domain, you can screw around with it using audio effects/filters, and then convert it back to video.
PixiVisor is a revolutionary tool for audio-visual experiments. Simple and fun, cross-platform application with unlimited potential for creativity!
It consists of two parts: Transmitter and Receiver.
Transmitter converts the video (static 64x64 image or 10FPS animation) to sound, pixel by pixel (progressive scan). This lets you listen to the sound of your image. But the main function of the Transmitter is to transmit the signal to the receiving devices.
Receiver converts the sound (from microphone or Line-in input) back to video. You can set the color palette for this video, and record it to animated GIF file.
- file formats supported by Transmitter: JPEG, PNG, GIF (static and animated)
- real-time video export to animated GIF
- 64 predefined color palettes
- iTunes File Sharing
- Wi-Fi Export/Import (in the File menu of the Transmitter)
- it also available for Android, Windows, Linux and OSX
I am really excited about this, and can't wait to see what people do with it! Be sure to contact me with your creations!