Accordion Full was released last month, as a Universal customizable accordion interface powered by SoundFonts. This is developed by Walter Schurter, who has been making music apps since the Windows CE days! Today it was updated with MIDI recording, so you can jam on it and then export a MIDI file via iTunes file-sharing.
Accordion Full iTunes Description:
Fully customizable "Button Accordion" with internal sounds or/and MIDI capability. MIDI file record/play functions included (only for iPad). If you think this could be useful also for the iPhone, please send me a comment.
This App makes more fun on a iPad (specially iPad Air) or iPad mini, but can be used also on iPhones. If you have two iPhones, you can play the melody on the first iPhone and the bass/chord on the second one (may be your older iPhone). A second person could play drums with the same App.
- Full customizable "Button Accordion" (Melody, Bass, Chord).
- Button sizes can be adapted separated for melody and bass side.
- Customizable "Drum Pad".
- Can be used as General MIDI sound module (virtual instrument) with 16 channels, 128 instruments and 1 drum set.
- Supports rotation 180° reducing cable problems.
- Full MIDI support, if using an external MIDI device like the "iRig MIDI".
- Customer "SoundFont" can be placed in the shared iTunes folder. The name must be "GM_instruments.sf2" and it must support the general MIDI sound set including drums. Large "SoundFont" files may not work. Use very small "SoundFonts", when you do not have an "iPhone5", "iPad Air", "iPad mini Retina" or a newer device. For this devices you can try e.g. the "bennetng_AnotherGS_v2-1.sf2".
- You can change instrument, velocity, volume, reverb, chorus, octave and panorama for each channel.
- Local sound ON/OFF.
- MIDI Thru ON/OFF.
- Integrated Help.
- Simple tutorial, how to play Accordion for beginners.
- Get best results with MIDI adapter and a "General MIDI" sound module or Keyboard (set "Local sound" to OFF).
- Use "Accordion" as master keyboard for your MIDI sound module or real time arranger e.g. the "Ketron XD3".