White Noise Audio developer, David Wallin, has posted the planned features coming to Genome in the next update. Chief among them is MIDI Learn, so that any external controller you have plugged into your iPad can launch clips or transport buttons.
The blue outlines indicate that each clip can be mapped to a unique MIDI control. You could potentially get something like the Launchpad configured to launch patterns in Genome while it is in the background!
Also coming in this version:
- Added Song navigation buttons (MIDI bindable). Rewind, previous, next and end.
- Revamped pattern info dialog to add tabs and make more readable.
- New Pattern Option: Launch Quantization for controlling when patterns can begin playing.
- Options are: 1 / 2 / 4 bars or 1/4th, 1/8th, 1/16th notes.
- New Pattern Option: One-shot flag. Pattern plays once then turns itself off.
- Genome can open .SNG files from email or another app now.
- Fixed issue where updating pattern name doesn’t update pattern button text right away.
- Fast Switch – fixed text length issues.