Synthodeon have released MIDI Prob, a Universal app for debugging MIDI events. It claims to support all CoreMIDI hardware and apps. These sorts of tools can be really handy for tracking down problems in the esoteric realms of the aged MIDI protocol.
Is an app sending velocity information? Now you can find out! Also handy if you want to look at SysEx dumps from hardware.
- View up to 300,000 MIDI events on-screen.
- Fast scrolling.
- Unique sounds for event arrival, matched MIDI events and port changes.
- Track four or more MIDI events per millisecond.
- Track and log MIDI activity while in the background.
- Activity color coded on screen by user-controlled colors.
- Hex, decimal, text, and SysEx display formats.
- Regular expressions for matching and excluding MIDI events.
- Event matching while port on- or off-line.
- Supports full, unlimited event logging to text file.
- Works with all iOS supported MIDI hardware and apps.
- Remembers settings across port disconnections.