App Store Description:The WoodStepper is a sequencer having both audio and midi out.
The audio sources can be the track audio, sampled audio or the built-in VCO's.
The VCO notes can also be set by the Chordulator which finds chord notes in a live stream or recorded track.
It consists of 4 independent 8-steps sequencers which can be linked to a 16, 24 or 32 steps sequencer.
So WoodStepper can be used as a 4-track looper/sampler.
Each step can also send 4 midi messages (note on, CC, …) to 2 midi channels.
The audio part for each sequencer has a pitch (down) shifter, (Moog lowpass) filter with ASR envelope, saturator, amplitude ASR envelope and delay line which can all be set independently per step.
The app can be used stand-alone (device audio input and output) or as a plugin in a DAW.
The manual can be downloaded from : http://www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be/woodstepper/WoodStepperHelp.pdf
- IOS plugin type : AUv3, IAA and stand-alone app.
- Has 4 independent 8-steps sequencers.
- Sequencers can be linked to form 16, 24, or 32 steps sequencer(s).
- Each sequencer can have a different timing.
- Steps can be disabled for non 4/4 patterns.
- Each step can send up to 4 midi messages (+ all previous notes off) on 2 midi channels
- Midi note-on values can follow a midi received ground note.
- Audio sources can be the track audio, sampled audio or 3 VCO's (per sequencer).
- Sampling can be armed (per sequencer) with a button or a midi in CC.
- Each sequencer has it’s own gain, clipping led and brick-wall limiter.
- VCO’s have the usual waveforms and can be FM modulated.
- VCO frequency/note value can be set with a midi in note-on.
- Polyphonic mode sends 4 subsequent note-ons to the 4 VCO’s.
- Each step has a pitch down shifter.
- Pitch shifters have a glide control.
- Pitch shifters can be set to a random value (out of a list of scales).
- Pitch values can be harmonically locked to the Just Scale or the Equally Tempered Scale.
- VCO + Pitch can be limited to a specified key + interval scale (e.g. C Major Pentatonic)
- Each step has a 4-pole Moog Lowpass filter with resonance and ASR envelope.
- Steps have an additional high-pass filter and a saturation control.
- All steps have an ASR amplitude envelope and a step gain.
- Each step has its own delay line with independent timing, feedback, and filtering.
- Step audio and delay can be panned independently per step.
- Sequencers can be started manually or started when Playing (transport) starts.
- A “Play 1 Step” button allows to finetune step settings
- An “All Steps” button allows to set the same parameter value in all steps.
- Has a global Dry-Wet, Input gain and Output gain control.
- Presets can be stored in iCloud Drive (makes them available on all your devices).
- Presets can be switched with Midi Program Changes.
- Major controls can be set with Midi CC messages.
( Read more... )