iTunes Description:Holon.ist uses sensors from your iPhone, Apple Watch or Movesense smart sensors (supported through In-App Purchases) to create musical mappings from real-world events and locations.
A meta-instrument, Holon.ist lets you process input data and send it to an embedded Pure Data (libPd) audio engine, or connect to any DAW or synth with MIDI, MIDI over BLE, MIDI over WiFi (rtpMIDI, Apple CoreMIDI) or OSC (OpenSoundControl) to control any parameter of your sound universe.
Using our Holonic Source plugins, Holon.ist integrates natively with Ableton Live and VCV Rack.
Some Holon.ist scenarios:
• Use non-volitional micromovements for subtle accents or rhythmical modulations.
• Use ancillary or accompanying gestures to augment your other instruments.
• Sonify local weather and astronomical events
• Use biosignals musically for embodied cognition and biofeedback loops.
• Control lights, stage effects, and video rigs physiologically for fully immersive experiences.
• Use your favourite apps at all times, synced and controlled by Holon.ist.
• Use sensors to turn everyday objects into willing musical agents.
When used passively, Holon.ist leaves your hands free for your conventional instruments, or anything else. Try controlling timbre and effects with a Suunto Movesense on your head. Add another sensor on your foot for pedal action anywhere.
Holon.ist features a multiuser implementation of Ableton Link that allows collective sync of tempo for every device on the network.
*** Known Issues ***
-MIDI note generation is under development. Currently, MIDI CC is fully supported, while notes can be generated within Pure Data. Please try the preset "pd_midi_demo" and edit Mappings as required.
-Holon.ist may require to be closed and reopened after IAP transaction and some system settings.
-Apple Watch app may take a long time to install
-Apple Watch app communication may deteriorate over time, resulting in "Watch dogs" (red X icon). Reinstalling app and restarting iPhone and Apple Watch usually resolves the issue.
Our online user manual can be found at: http://holon.ist/manual/
( Read more... )