iTunes Description:STARK is a fully fledged amplifier simulator consisting of four modules: Amplifier, Cabinet, Room and effects slots. These modules are processing audio separately, which makes it possible to combine different amplifiers with different cabinets and rooms.
The amp module offers 12 different amplifier profiles. It has both a clean mode and a overdrive mode, an equalizer functionality (including presence), and a booster controlling the end stage amplification saturation.
Cabinet simulation consists of 10 different cabinets of various sizes and sound. This module also offers a stereo width knob that simulates the distance between two microphones put in front of the cone.
Room simulation offers 6 different kinds of rooms, where each room size can be changed between Small, Medium and Large. There’s also a decay parameter controlling reflectivity of the walls and a dry/wet mix.
The pedal board contains 4 slots where any of the 14 effects can be inserted. The order of the pedals can easily be changed using drag and drop.
• American Guitar 1 - An edgy amp that rounds of nicely at the top
• American Guitar 2 - Similar to American Guitar 1, but with some more presence
• British Guitar A 1 - Gives a full sound with crisp
• British Guitar A 2 - Similar to British Guitar A 1, but with more body
• British Guitar B 1 - A slightly saturated amp with nice character in the high mids
• British Guitar B 2 - Is just like British Guitar B 1 a bit saturated, but with a more linear frequency response
• Vintage Guitar - Gives that perfect thickness when playing jazz and soul
• General Tube Amp - Low saturation with a fairly linear frequency response
• Garage Sale Amp - Limited frequency response and saturates. The obvious LoFi choice
• American Bass - A versatile pro bass amp
• British Bass - Works fine for more edgy bass playing
• Vintage Bass - Perfect for soul/jazz/RnB
• Wide Small - Small speakers, lots of resonances
• Tight Small - Small single speakers, few resonances
• Wide Combo - Medium speakers, lots of resonances
• Tight Combo - Medium speakers, few resonances
• Wide Normal - Medium speakers, moderate resonances
• Tight Large - Full range speakers, few resonances
• Wide Large - Full range speakers, lots of resonances
• Radiola - Small (broken) speakers, moderate resonances
• Bass - Low end speaker/Medium speakers, few resonances
• Passthrough - Full range speakers, no resonances
• Normal - A good sounding recording room
• Dark - A room that gives attenuated high frequencies
• Bright - More significant reflections at higher frequencies
• Cold - A room with attenuated low frequencies
• Warm - Gives a livingroom:ish sound
• Boomy - Loud and lots of resonances
Available FX pedals
• Delay - Digital stereo delay
• Chorus - Classic chorus
• Flanger - Flanger with feedback, tone, speed, mix and amount
• Phaser - Classic phaser with the option to decide how many stages to be used
• Reverb - Digital reverb
• Vibrato - A stereo vibrato with reshapeable curve
• Tremolo - A stereo tremolo with reshapeable curve
• Equalizer - 6 band peak filter with fixed frequencies
• Compressor - Simple one-knob compressor
• Booster - Signal booster (gain, bass and treble)
• Distortion - Simple distortion pedal with tone control
• Distortion+ - Complex distortion pedal with optional distortion algorithms
• Gate - Simple gate
• Multiband Gate - Four band spectral gate
There are also about 100 predefined factory presets covering most scenarios.
Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/downloads/stark-docs/
Audio examples and more info at https://klevgrand.se/products/stark
Obs! STARK consumes a lot of CPU and RAM, so if you’re having trouble using multiple instances at the same time, try to freeze some tracks and/or increase the buffer size.
STARK is an AUv3 plugin that only works in an AUv3 compliant host like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, Auria etc.