App Store Description:NEW for 2017: Try Wotja for iOS, the next stage of evolution of Noatikl for iOS.
Noatikl is the evolution of SSEYO Koan, for both generative MIDI music composition AND sound design. Users say of Noatikl: "the only serious generative music composition tool on IOS", "Very deep, very unique and intelligent. Good MIDI implementation.", "by far the most unique and complex modular music maker in the AppStore. You'll get addicted!", "5 stars is not enough."
WHAT OTHERS SAY
Computer Music Magazine described Noatikl, our evolution of SSEYO Koan Pro, as "One of the best interactive composition tools on the market" and said "Noatikl picks up where Captain Eno's beloved Koan left off".
WHAT IS IT?
Noatikl is a 16 track MIDI generating powerhouse with 120+ parameters. Many generative music templates are included and MIDI out support lets you drive external MIDI synths/samplers. It also features the integral Partikl Sound Engine 3 (PSE 3) which lets you design/use portable complex stereo synth networks - great for rich and evolving sounds in shareable pieces. The PSE supports SoundFonts (SF2) / DLS Wavetables and includes many modulatable sound units, FX units and quality SF2.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT…
• Use it to help break composer's block with new melodies & ideas
• Experiment with generative (MIDI) music composition and sound design
• Create high quality, royalty-free, totally custom generative music / soundscapes: ambient, drone, relaxation, mindfulness, experimental etc.
• Play / control external MIDI synths, samplers and other MIDI controllable units
• Use your own SF2/DLS in the Partikl Sound Engine
• Publish / socially share your creations via Wotja 3 for iOS (available separately)
• Create / edit Noatikl pieces for use in Mixtikl (available separately)
• Build a hyper-instrument responding to MIDI note input
TOP NEW FEATURES IN V3
• Many gorgeous new templates that take advantage of the uprated Partikl Sound Engine 3 (PSE 3)
• Major PSE 3 enhancements:
- Support for more advanced and stereo synth & fx networks that can be saved as complete sound "presets", meaning richer & more interesting sonic capabilities
- Reworked Network Editor and all 17 PSE Sound & FX unit Uis
- Wavetable Sound Unit now supports stereo SF2 (SoundFont) samples, has an envelope editor + allows modulation of pitch, pan, amp and portamento parameters
- Improved the PSE-included IM SF2 wavetables with extended "IM Synths" and all new "IM NT3-MT7"
• Listening Voice (scriptless, silent) that can listen out for monophonic MIDI Input and can be followed by a Follows Voice
• Support for iCloud
• Export Noatikl files (to clipboard) for use in Wotja 3 for iOS as Custom Player/Backing
• Support for AudioBus 2 and Audiobus Remote Trigger and transport control
KEY NOATIKL PARAMETERS
• Voice types: Ambient, Rhythmic, Repeat, Follows, Fixed Pattern and Listening
• Rules: Scale, Harmony, Rhythm, Next Note – used to constrain and filter the notes composed
• Chords: Many parameters for controlling chording and arpeggiation
• Controllers & Micro controllers: Many parameters for controlling MIDI
• Note to MIDI CC Mapping: Used to emit MIDI controller data instead of MIDI events, useful for controlling synths and other parameters
• Many more ... see the Noatikl Music Engine Guide
WHY GENERATIVE MUSIC?
Generative music is "endless music created by a system". Use it to create new ideas & break creative block.
• Noatikl 3 Desktop Standalone for OS X not included but available to purchase separately.
• In 1990 we started developing the generative music system that went on to become the BAFTA-winning 'SSEYO Koan Interactive Audio Platform'. We've been continuing our work on generative engines, music tech and apps ever since!
Please send it to @intermorphic on Twitter, via our forum or through our website contact form.