Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
This app has not been categorized.
Feb 17, 2016
Feb 12, 2016
Oct 21, 2015
Sep 24, 2015
Sep 14, 2015
New App: Free
Aug 24, 2015
Other apps by MIDIculous LLC
App Store Description:• Your Bread and Butter Live Giggin' Module and Rompler
• You get 3-FREE Sounds (MKS Piano 2, Acoustic Grand, Brass)
The MKSensation is a player's live gigging module designed to give you the bread and butter sounds needed for a live session, gig, church service, or studio session. The layout, ease of use, sliders, and simple functionality is what has made our PC version so successful. There is no fancy splash page and it's not rattled with hundreds of sounds. It's designed to be loaded and played for instant layering and inspiration. You could could call this your instant rompler full of the sounds you would use all of the time and given our reputation of sampling, you know the sounds will be very warm, thick, and realistic. You won't even believe that these sounds are coming from your iPad!
Our roots stem from being gospel musicians. In the good ol' days we would have our multi-tier stack of keyboards and modules all layered together with a very intricate MIDI routing setup with all of or presets ready for live worship. Our setup would consist of a warm acoustic piano; a CP80 type of semi-realistic piano; lush strings; warm pad with filter cutoff; a very expressive tine; phat synth brass; a nice buzz saw; and a good ol' real brass sound. Between these few staple sounds, we were ready for any gig, service, studio session, or performance. Think about it....When you go to the music store to try out a new synth, what do you end up playing the most...? You play the pianos, keys, strings, horns, and synth sounds. That's what this module is all about. You can layer as many sounds as CPU permits, for instant inspiration on your iPad.
- Click on a sound butto to activate the sound (Red LCD On)
- Click the Green Light (Right Top Corner) to activate the global effects section.
- The left side of the module shows the effects to be activated, and their levels
- The exception is for the EP 1 and EP 2. The insert FX chorus will not be used. The sounds will be swiped out with the actual sample of the chorus from the MKS unit
1. Piano 1 - MKS Piano 1
2. Piano 2 - MKS Piano 2
3. EP 1 - MKS EP 1 with and without chorus (Sampled using the original chorus)
4. EP 2 - MKS EP 2 with and without chorus (Sampled using the original chorus)
5. Power Grand - Classic gospel grand piano
6. Acoustic Grand - Warm acoustic grand
7. Dyno - 80s type electric dyno
8. FM Tine - DX FM electric EP
9. Brass - Warm Brass Section with Mod Wheel LFO
10. Synth - Poly Synth with Mod Wheel LFO
11. Strings - Warm cinematic strings
12. Pad - Warm pad
CPU and Processing:
CPU is contingent upon your iPad Model. As with anything, don’t go crazy! Don’t think you can activate 5-6 sounds and play full glissandos and you will not max out your CPU. Also, there is an inverse relationship between lower latency and CPU. For example if you want your latency (the time between you hitting the keys and you hearing the sound) to go down, then you probably won’t be able to play as many sounds at once. There is always a fine line between the two. From our testing using an iPad 4th generation, we were successfully able to stack up to 6-sounds at a buffer of 512. Obviously, the newer the iPad, the better (with the exception of the iPad 3).
These Devices and Anything Higher will Work:
iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini 1-4, iPad Air 1-2
These iPads Will not work:
iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad Pro (GUI Not Ready)
What's new in v1.1.1Fixed the FM Tines Sound 8 Not showing up