Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Jul 25, 2021
Jul 02, 2021
Mar 30, 2021
Jun 26, 2020
Jun 20, 2020
May 11, 2020
Apr 05, 2019
Jan 31, 2019
Nov 21, 2018
Nov 10, 2018
Sep 13, 2018
May 04, 2018
May 03, 2018
Dec 03, 2017
Nov 21, 2017
Jun 24, 2017
Feb 08, 2017
Jan 07, 2017
Jan 05, 2017
Dec 20, 2016
Other apps by Christian Schoenebec...
App Store Description:Oriental Strings is a professional sound module app for oriental keyboard players and for musicians who simply want to resemble the typical sound of the Orient and Middle East in their songs. Connect an external MIDI keyboard to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch by using Bluetooth MIDI or by using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple, or launch Oriental Strings as virtual instrument directly within your favourite DAW app on your iOS device!¹
Watch and listen to the demo video on our product website!
This app supports "Audio Unit", "Audiobus" and Apple's "Inter-App Audio" System for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps, as well as Bluetooth LE MIDI !
The sounds of Oriental Strings were exclusively recorded with players who are professionally dedicated to oriental style of music. Typical string instrument sounds for the Arabian genre are covered by this app. Besides rather exotic instruments like the Chinese erhu, typical western string instruments were used as well, but since the players of the recording sessions are focused on oriental music, those western instruments sound completely different than you might be used to from western orchestra players.
The sounds of this app were once again created by Kurt Ader, winner of the NAMM 2015 "Best Sound Designer of the Year" award.
32 Sounds are included with this App:
• Chinese Erhu 1 - 3
• Chinese Erhu Trill
• Turkish Strings 1 - 4
• Arabian Strings 1 - 3
• Tremolo Strings 1 - 5
• Spiccato Strings
• Oriental Spiccato Strings
• Oriental String Quartet 1 - 3
• Oriental Staccato Strings
• Arabian Solo Strings 1 - 3
• String Quartet
• Oriental String Ensemble 1 - 5
• Slow Oriental Strings
There is no in-app purchase in this app. So all sounds and all app features are immediately available to you as one buy.
• Sounds based on high quality stereo sample set.
• Master Tune & Scale Tuning (including factory presets for common Arabian & Turkish scales).
• Low latency disk streaming.
• Configurable audio latency down to 1 ms.
• Polyphony up to several hundred stereo voices.²
• Integrated effects with 18 presets.
• 16 parts.
• App States: Save app's entire state as user presets.
• MIDI velocity response curve editor to fine tune the feeling of your MIDI keyboard.
• App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
• Audio Unit plugin version of this app, to be used as virtual instrument directly within third-party multi-track DAW apps.
• Audiobus support.
• Supports Apple's "IAA" system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps.
• Virtual on-screen piano keyboard with velocity support, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
• Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
• Share your songs easily as audio file.
• Unlimited amount of tracks.
• Configurable target MIDI channel per track.
• Unlimited recording and playback length.
• Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
• Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
• Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
• Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
¹ For more information about adapters and connecting external MIDI keyboards: https://doc.crudebyte.com/iOS/External_MIDI_devices/
² Some sounds are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
What's new in v2.2.1This update provides the following software correction:
• Fixes a crash which could sometimes happen when switching between sounds (affected both, stand-alone app and Audio Unit plugin).