Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Jun 24, 2019
Mar 25, 2019
Mar 11, 2019
Feb 28, 2019
Dec 10, 2018
Sep 17, 2018
Jan 01, 2018
Nov 14, 2017
Sep 28, 2017
Aug 20, 2017
Jul 03, 2016
Jan 27, 2016
Dec 18, 2015
Dec 09, 2015
Nov 10, 2015
Oct 17, 2015
Oct 03, 2015
Sep 19, 2015
Aug 20, 2015
Jul 18, 2015
iTunes Description:MultitrackStudio for iPad is an audio/MIDI multitrack recording app. It comes with many high quality audio effects including a guitar amp simulator.
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include pianoroll, drum and score editors.
The straightforward user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. It's easy to use yet powerful.
• Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
• Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI patterns, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
• One effect return section.
• One master section.
• Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
• Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Reverb, Rotor, Saturator, Stereo Imager, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
• MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible), SoundFont Player, Matrix Sampler, up to four Virtual MIDI Apps and one CoreMIDI output device.
• Supports Audio Unit effects and instruments and MIDI effects (the latter require iOS 12).
• Supports Inter-App Audio effects and instruments.
• Supports Audiobus (acts as output in Audiobus app).
• MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, chords, drum, matrix and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device. Supports Bluetooth LE MIDI.
• Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
• Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
• Exports .wav and .mid files.
• Import/export audio/MIDI via AudioShare, General Pasteboard, Document Picker, iTunes File Sharing or email.
• Imports/exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song, compatible with MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
The Pro Extension (available as in-app purchase) adds these features:
• Up to 32 tracks.
• Either an extra Effect Return or up to 8 Groups.
• Two extra Effect Returns on 12.9 inch iPads.
• Multichannel audio playback.
• Mixer and effect automation.
• Audio pitch shifting in track editors.
• Time stretching in track editors.
• Tempo editor can process audio tracks.
• Stretch and Stretch Accelerando in tempo editor.
• Multi MIDI Editor (edit multiple tracks in a single editor)..
• Create new song using current as template.
• Convolutor effect with Vintage Reverbs.
• Load custom speaker IR in Guitar Amp.
• Dynamics effect, supports sidechaining.
• Multiband Compressor effect.
• Phase Inverter effect.
• Transposer effect.
• Vocal Tuner effect.
Note: MultitrackStudio for iPad does NOT support Bluetooth audio devices.
iPad 2, iPad 3 and first gen. iPad mini do not support Audio Units.
What's new in v3.5• Onscreen MIDI keyboard: keyboard, string, drum and matrix layouts are now (optionally) velocity sensitive.
• Onscreen MIDI keyboard: Finger Vibrato option no longer makes keyboard and string layouts monophonic (but finger vibrato only works if just one note is playing).
• Onscreen MIDI keyboard: keyboard, string and matrix layouts can now generate polyphonic aftertouch (by moving finger upwards).
• MultitrackStudio Instruments: bowed strings, winds and synths now respond to polyphonic aftertouch (it increases the volume level).
• Polyphonic aftertouch editor names now mention note name rather than key number (ie. 'C5' instead of '60').
• AU Plugin Manager. You can override plugin name, add category to name and change text that appears in slot. And you can hide a plugin from effect, instrument and/or MIDI effect selectors.
• SoundFont Manager. You can override soundfont name and add category to name.
• AU plugins and IAA apps can now reliably detect MultitrackStudio transport stop.
• Now uses Audiobus SDK 3.0.7.
• Various fixes and improvements.