Discchord Reader Rating: 100% (3)
This app has not been categorized.
Feb 07, 2018
Jan 19, 2018
Jul 25, 2017
Jan 03, 2017
Oct 13, 2016
Oct 11, 2016
Aug 01, 2016
Jun 27, 2015
Jan 26, 2015
Jan 14, 2015
Sep 16, 2014
May 07, 2014
Dec 18, 2013
Oct 14, 2013
Feb 26, 2013
Dec 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012
Sep 15, 2012
New App: $19.99
Sep 05, 2012
Other apps by Wolfgang Palm
iTunes Description:PPG WaveGenerator is the latest development from the inventor of wavetable synthesis, Wolfgang Palm. It is a next generation synthesizer, building on the heritage of the PPG Wave keyboards.
The PPG WaveGenerator comes with a multitude of wavetables. The sound material contains the typical sounds from the original PPG wave models, as well as many new sounds generated by versatile analysis tools and also hand edited waves.
This app enables the user, to create his own wavetables in a playful way, and to hear the result immediately. Also you can construct the waves by adding harmonics very precise.
Another way is to transform a picture into a wavetable. You can load photos from your album or even shoot a picture with the camera.
The waves are collected in a grid of 256 fields, to which the 3 oscillators of the synthesizer have arbitrary and independent access.
In a 3D display you get a visual impression on how the sound evolves. You can turn around the 3D object and zoom in and out,
The Parameters of the synthesizer are divided into modules, which allows easy, yet powerful editing.
It contains 3 oscillators with independent control of pitch and waveform. Each oscillator has its own glide, which gives a very dynamic sound.
With a sophisticated routing system, the diverse modulation sources can be connected to all important control points.
The keyboard is configurable totally freely, so you can setup all well-known musical scales, but also all imaginable custom scales that best fit into your music.
PPG WaveGenerator benefits all advantages of the iPad, like X/Y control after the key on event, or two finder gestures for spectrum control. After a key is hit, the tone may be modified and modulated in various ways, just by moving your finger.
A comfortable browser lets you sort the sound programs; you can categorize and rate them. Also complete custom sound banks may be created.
All significant parameters are controllable via MIDI.
There is a built in context specific help for all pages and modules.
• Creation of your own waves and wavetables.
• Playful sound creation simply by drawing or picking harmonics
• 3D page, visualization of the wavetables, transformation from photos into wavetables.
• 256 waves assembled within a wave grid
• 3 Audio Oscillators
• 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
• Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
• Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
• 13 Envelopes, for independent control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain and panning.
• 4 LFOs
• Versatile Arpeggiator
• Delay/Reverb effect
• Audio engine with 2 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
• Directly accessible context help inside the app
• Use a camera, to shoot a picture and then transform it into a sound!
• Using state of the art technologies, but still the versatile and efficient synthesis system.
• Build your own keyboard, with the keys you prefer for your music.
▪ Audio Unit Extension (AU) with 2 pages.
▪ Inter-app audio (IAA) support - audio and MIDI.
▪ Audiobus 2 support.
▪ Export audio to AudioShare.
▪ 30 min audio recording and Audio copy.
• Audio Copy to the pasteboard
• File Sharing via iTunes
What's new in v2.1.5This update adds an Arptor page to the AU extension.
Adds a loading filter to the AU extension.
Legato mode for the Arptor.
Keyboard to VCF control effective in MONO mode.
Some minor corrections.