Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
This app has not been categorized.
Nov 04, 2019
Nov 01, 2019
Nov 27, 2018
Nov 22, 2018
Sep 17, 2017
Sep 13, 2017
Nov 25, 2016
Nov 24, 2016
Nov 24, 2016
Nov 30, 2015
Nov 27, 2015
Nov 02, 2015
Oct 28, 2015
Apr 08, 2015
Apr 03, 2015
Dec 29, 2014
Dec 22, 2014
Dec 02, 2014
Nov 28, 2014
Oct 07, 2014
Other apps by Kymatica AB
App Store Description:Explore the algorithmic music of simple bitwise arithmetic operations while watching the retro-digital 3D graphics!
BitWiz Audio Synth translates C-like code expressions into 8-bit generative stereo audio in real-time. The entered code expression is used to calculate each audio frame, also known as "bytebeat" synthesis.
Record your sessions and export through iTunes File Sharing or Audio Copy to other apps, or send them to AudioShare - the audio document manager.
Use the dual multitouch XY-pad or external MIDI control to tweak variables in the expression in real-time. Play BitWiz as a musical instrument or compose algorithmic pieces that evolves by themselves! BitWiz can also include the microphone input for crazy distortion effects!
BitWiz comes bundled with lots of examples, and you can easily add your own codes to the built-in library.
You can also share your codes by e-mail, twitter or facebook, or open them in another application.
You don't need to learn C to use this app, just play around with the included codes and tweak a number here or there, and strange glitchy variations will appear. You can even let BitWiz generate random codes for you with a swipe!
"Killer App" - Apps4idevices
"Amazingly good fun", "App of the week" - PalmSounds
"A most excellent generative noise maker" - Zaxism
"I love the app!" - Discchord
"I just had to add this gem to my list" - Sascha Dikiciyan (Sonic mayhem)
• Real-time BYTEBEAT synthesizer
• Retro-digital 3D VISUALS
• Universal app (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), landscape and portrait
• Instant update of audio for LIVE-CODING
• Multitouch XY-Pad for TWEAKING/PLAYING in real-time
• Core MIDI support for external control
• RECORD to file and export or AUDIOCOPY into other apps
• Stream the output to other AUDIOBUS compatible apps
• SHARE codes through twitter, email or open in other apps
• Supports bytebeat samplerates 44100, 22050, 14700, 11025, 8820, etc.
• STEREO audio
• Optional MICROPHONE input for distortion effects
• Custom keyboard with arrow-keys for easy editing
• Background audio operation
• Lots of included FACTORY PRESETS
• Transfer codes and recordings through iTunes file sharing
• Swipe with two fingers to generate code randomly!
What's new in v2.3.9• Built for 64-bit devices
• Add Inter-App Audio MIDI reception
• Add toggle to turn off receiving from any CoreMIDI source
• Audiobus3 support
• Removed SoundCloud upload (use AudioShare if you really need this)
• Various fixes