Discchord Reader Rating: 100% (5)
Jan 06, 2019
Dec 24, 2018
Jan 01, 2018
Dec 23, 2017
Jul 06, 2017
Jul 04, 2017
Jan 01, 2017
Dec 22, 2016
Nov 28, 2016
Oct 18, 2016
Aug 14, 2016
Jun 09, 2016
May 30, 2016
Sep 30, 2015
Sep 21, 2015
Aug 24, 2015
May 01, 2015
Mar 31, 2015
Mar 31, 2015
Other apps by White Noise Audio So...
App Store Description:Musicians can start tearing it up in the studio with Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS), a powerful pattern based MIDI sequencer for the iPad. With GMS you can control all of your MIDI gear and apps* - sequence single patterns or an entire 16 track song.
GMS features standard MIDI features like Clock Sync, CC messages, Program Changes and more. It works wonderfully for sequencing MIDI gear like drum machines and tabletop synths. General MIDI files can be exported and imported for integration with desktop apps (some limitations apply**).
GMS also works great for sequencing other iOS apps. It features Audiobus and Ableton Link integration.
GMS supports any CoreMIDI compliant iPad interfaces such as the Griffin StudioConnect, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer II, iRig MIDI and others.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Though Genome now has a basic set of instruments, some MIDI gear or other music apps that support virtual midi connections are recommended for use with this app.
List of MIDI USB devices that do and do not work with the CCK: http://iosmidi.com/devices/
- Network MIDI for sending MIDI to other iOS devices and Macs***
- New Instrument Rack with two built in instruments and effects
- Basic Audiobus support
- Ableton Link support
- Sends and Receives MIDI Clock Sync, Start and Stop events
- Also sends Note On, Note Off, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Channel Pressure and CC’s
- Pattern Based, pattern changes occur on bar boundaries so song stays in sync
- On screen keyboard interface
- Up to 16 simultaneous tracks, unlimited number of patterns
- Song / live modes
- Supports background operation for multitasking
- Record incoming CC’s and Notes
- Undo / redo for most actions
Rated as a Killer App by Apps4iDevices - http://apps4idevices.com/read/genome-midi-sequencer.html
Computer Music gave it 4.5 Stars - http://www.musicradar.com/gear/tech/computers-software/mobile-apps/ipad-apps/genome-505059
* Apps must support virtual MIDI ports
** Supports exporting songs and patterns from GMS and importing MIDI loops (not complete multitrack songs).
*** Your local network conditions will affect performance. The Windows rtpMIDI driver is not officially supported at this time.
What's new in v2.0.3* Fixes a bug with chord drawing
* Fixes a bug with the Ableton link menu causing issues with the pattern editor