Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
This app has not been categorized.
Sep 15, 2015
Jul 06, 2015
Mar 01, 2015
Jan 10, 2015
Dec 31, 2014
Dec 24, 2014
Dec 02, 2014
Nov 28, 2014
Nov 02, 2014
May 25, 2014
Apr 18, 2014
Sep 20, 2013
Jun 13, 2013
Apr 23, 2013
Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013
Jan 01, 2013
Dec 13, 2012
Dec 10, 2012
Sep 18, 2012
App Store Description:Koushion is a flexible MIDI step sequencer that integrates with your digital audio workstation software (Live, Logic, Reason, etc.), and iOS MIDI apps (Animoog, NLog PRO, iMini, Sunrizer, WaveGenerator, Alchemy, and more).
- 16 steps per scene
- 8 scenes with independent MIDI channel, key, quantization, and playback mode (combined, this makes for up to 128 steps per layer in chain mode)
- 16 layers of scenes that act like individual tracks
- MIDI clock send/receive
- 5 playback modes - single, simultaneous, chain, rebound, and random
- Scale - switch between any major, minor, pentatonic, or chromatic scale
- Adjustable step quantization - 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, 1/24, and 1/32
- Quantized scene switching
- Tap to set tempo - great for syncing with a live band
- Per-step velocity, gate and CC sequencing
- Monophonic drawing mode - only allows one note per step; great for programming leads
- Intuitive tied note entry - Just drag for as many steps as you'd like to sustain a single pitch
- Optional Dark Theme - reduces eyestrain when working in low-light environments
- Runs in the background so you don't miss a beat when tweaking your synth parameters
- Uses system resources efficiently
- Timing accuracy is typically ±5/100 BPM over a stable Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi connection, and ±1/100 BPM over a MIDI adapter
Compatible MIDI Connections:
- Automatic integration with other apps via Core MIDI virtual ports
- Control of external MIDI devices via Core MIDI-compatible connections such as iConnectMIDI, iRig MIDI, and Alesis I/O dock
- MIDI over Wi-Fi via Core MIDI network sessions (warning: unpredictable latency)
Review by Chris Stack of ExperimentalSynth.com
"Koushion has become my go-to sequencer for generating short to mid-length patterns. I just keep coming up with new uses for it. It's a lot of fun with iPad synth apps. I have a lot of hardware synths and Koushion really brings them to life and lets me keep both hands on the synths for maximum expression."
What's new in v4.3New features/improvements:
* Tied notes! Drag a single pitch across multiple steps to sustain it.
* Apply a key to all layers at the tap of a button.
* Toggle note display between human-readable pitch and raw MIDI pitch numbers with the "Show MIDI Pitches" switch.
* Increased grid size to make touch targets as large as possible.
* Gate now behaves properly for all quantization settings.